Prince of Persia 3D (Red Orb, 1999)

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
If you've played it, then what did you think of it? I played through the first few levels of the PC version a long time ago, but I'm not going to play it again until 16 bit color is fixed and not until I get another WD Black (which won't be until they come back down in price) so I can install Win 7 32.

I thought it was pretty good, especially given that it came out in 99, and I'd like to finish it when I get another hard drive and when 16 bit color is fixed or when a Voodoo5 is emulated as a virtual device. I almost finished the DC version in early 2001, but I gave up at the last minute. The DC version wasn't quite as good (IMO) as the patched PC version mainly because of the way the weapons and potions were. The DC version had a lot of unfiltered textures (I specifically remember some textures looked like they were from a PS1 game because they weren't filtered), although the PC version I remember had really ugly translucent white water when you were swimming in it in the 2nd level.

Jodell88

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2007
Just looked up the game on youtube. Do you really think you can stomach that game now? D:

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
I played it back in the day, I thought it is better than sands of time. Mostly due to original team working on the game. It had its unique mechanics and puzzles. Controls are bit difficult.

Jawadali

Oct 1, 2003
I believe it's also included as an unlockable game on the PS2 version of Sands of Time, but I'm not 100% certain.

Jawadali

Oct 1, 2003
Oh, good catch.

For some reason, I thought it somehow made its way onto the PS2.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
Played it back when it came out in 1999 but never quite liked it. When I got stuck in one of those cave missions, I just dropped it.

The Sands of Time is miles better IMO in terms of movement/fluidity and story delivery.

Last edited:

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Waiting for my gaming computer to be delivered, I purchased the POP trilogy to play on the 400.00 "everything else" i7 64 bit Gateway laptop with ATI Radeon
4250. I enjoyed the games except for some weird camera angles, and some difficulty using MKB. Good plot, music, characters. However, after looking at the 3D version, I don't know if I could go back to the old graphics.

Wife of Runz

Last edited:

xSkyDrAx

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2003
IMO the best prince of persia was Two Thrones. That game was really fun.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
IMO the best prince of persia was Two Thrones. That game was really fun.
Both TT and SoT were unbelievably great. When I was playing them and whenever I went out of the house, my surroundings seemed to be the same as those from the games. Talk about immersive!

Just wish they had done better with WW.