Preventing Buyer's Remorse: HIS IceQ X Turbo H695QNT2G2M Radeon HD 6950

Rezengyal

Jan 12, 2012
Hi all!

I was recommended to come here by a friend. Quick question to you all:

I am looking to purchase an HIS IceQ X Turbo H695QNT2G2M Radeon HD 6950 from Newegg for $269.99 before shipping.

Question is, what is the impression of this card? Does it have good bang for the buck? Most of the negative comments about this card stem from Customer Service being sub-par (which is truly disappointing) and Quality Control (myself being a former QC Chemist, this irks me on a whole 'nother level :p).

Also noteworthy: I am intending to use a Radeon card for this build I'm pricing, so at this time I'm not entertaining anything Nvidia.

So... are there better ATI/AMD cards out there that deliver similar performance within a similar price range? Should I throw in more $$ for a 6970 or 6990? If so, why? My intention is to run BF3, Skyrim, etc... at the highest settings possible, so is this card good for my needs?

I might overclock in the future, however at this time I am not focusing too much on that aspect. "Overclock-ability" would be a small deciding factor for this purchase, but it would still be a plus to have.

Thank you all for the insight and support; I am not intending to come across as "needy," but I will readily acknowledge my relative ignorance in the technical aspects of GPUs. With that said, I am always happy and eager to learn!

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
welcome to the forum. HIS has a decent rep, and IceQ cooler always tends to be well designed. Although personally I like XFX for the double lifetime warranty and dealt w/ them on a RMA so I can vouch that they are quite good at taking care of their customers. I also highly recommend Asus DirectCu gpu which I own one in a rig and runs much cooler and better than stock. Highly recommended.

Rezengyal

Jan 12, 2012
Thank you all very much for the input and insight!

@LucJoe-- I'd like to price an Nvidia GPU setup in the near future; I'll definitely be looking at Nvidia's stock later on!

winston9t4

Apr 2, 2001
Check out the For Sale forum - I saw quite a few 6950s selling in the ~$220 range if you don't mind buying used.