Pretty missing blond girl back in the news (again)

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
CNN

This is rediculous. There are thousands of missing people every year.

heck, there are hundreds of unsolved murders every year.

But eye candy gets you back in the news again, and again, and again.

Our society worships young and pretty.

i guess if you want help solving a crime, either look good, or have children that look good.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
I feel sorry for her family, but this girl deserves none of the exposure that she has gotten when compared to 99.9% of all other victims of crime. The other victims have suffered just as much and their families have been put through misery just as this girl with none of the press hoopla.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I had to turn the channel. I?m tired of staring at the faces of the last 3 men she saw.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
something happend to some white blond bitch somewhere... hold the presses.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
If you had lived in the SOuth, you'd know the allure of these southern girls puts them head over heels above the rest and therefore they deserve the attention!

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
yeah i am sick of it. she made bad decisions and paid for it.

wonder what informatin they can have thats new?

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
She's pretty?

And I agree that obviously some get more exposure than others. Not sure why the media would choose to do coverage lke this other than they sell what sells.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its something we Americans don't understand about the European Justice Systems. And even if this does not directly involve a European Country the European system is still in force here.

But the gist of it is, IMHO, under the European system, cops are very reluctant to make arrests until they have what amounts to a slam dunk case. Its avoids the embarrassments
of an OJ Simpson, a Mike Nifong, or similar high profile cases gone wrong. As a result cops and prosecutors there get far more public respect than their US counterparts do.

So if they are making new arrests on what amounts to a cold case, I have to strongly suspect they finally found something very real and definitive.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Its something we Americans don't understand about the European Justice Systems. And even if this does not directly involve a European Country the European system is still in force here.

But the gist of it is, IMHO, under the European system, cops are very reluctant to make arrests until they have what amounts to a slam dunk case. Its avoids the embarrassments
of an OJ Simpson, a Mike Nifong, or similar high profile cases gone wrong. As a result cops and prosecutors there get far more public respect than their US counterparts do.

So if they are making new arrests on what amounts to a cold case, I have to strongly suspect they finally found something very real and definitive.

I would like to agree with this 100%, although I'm going to reserve judgment until I hear *WHY* the police would decide to make this surprise arrest so late in the game.

This had better be one heck of a hummdinger......(like video of one or all 3 of those boys throwing her corpse into a grave).......or else I fear this will get reeeeeeeeeeeeeal ugly!!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Granted this Natalee Halloway disappearance has been getting far more attention than other similar cases. But I would hope that the facts now come to light even though it may
show some surprises for us all. And it also send a message that some cops keep digging and revisiting cases until they are solved. Even if it takes years.