Pressure Washer Suggestions

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Can anyone recommend a good home use pressure washer for a Christmas gift? Planned usage is car washing, siding cleaning, deck scrubbing and other household items. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
I am very happy with my predator from harbor freight.

If you don't mind me asking, what have you used it on? I am wondering if it's strong enough to get stuff off my house, will it cause issues if I try and use it on my car?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Any 2500psi machine with a Honda motor. Mine is about 17 years old and starts on the second pull. The pump burned out about a month back, I picked up an exact fit pump for a hundred bucks from Amazon and it works better than it ever did.

The engine is everything on these things, pumps are cheap and easy to get.

Reactions: highland145

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Anyone know a source for universal pump parts if you can get precise dimension measurements? I mean what goes out on them anyway, bearings, piston (rings?/seals), valves, or o-rings?

Lucky me, I get to try to fix my aunt's electric Karcher pressure washer that can't build much pressure, but I don't think it's really worth much bother/money to do so, but it would still be interesting to tear it apart to see the design, and greener to fix it than toss it in a landfill.

Last edited:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Anyone know a source for universal pump parts if you can get precise dimension measurements? I mean what goes out on them anyway, bearings, piston (rings?/seals), valves, or o-rings?

Lucky me, I get to try to fix my aunt's electric Karcher pressure washer that can't build much pressure, but I don't think it's really worth much bother/money to do so, but it would still be interesting to tear it apart to see the design, and greener to fix it than toss it in a landfill.
I found the pump for mine on amazon, though there doesn't appear to be many variations of the mid range pumps. I would assume much the same applies to the electric units.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I bought a 3100 PSI PowerStroke pressure washer with a Yamaha-branded motor from Costco about 4 years ago. Still starts on the 1st or second pull. Came with a variety of nozzles including a "turbo" nozzle and surface cleaner.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
If you don't mind me asking, what have you used it on? I am wondering if it's strong enough to get stuff off my house, will it cause issues if I try and use it on my car?

stucco house, cars, concrete, stripping paint flaking from a foundation wall, tractor and farm equipment, glue from glued down outdoor carpet. Only ever used the small tip on the paint, and it took nearly all of it off. starts and runs great, its a Honda clone engine. I use non-ethanol fuel and disconnect all the hoses and gun and drain it each time I use it. stored in unheated space. just drain the pump by pull starting 5 or 6 times with the ignition off.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
stucco house, cars, concrete, stripping paint flaking from a foundation wall, tractor and farm equipment, glue from glued down outdoor carpet. Only ever used the small tip on the paint, and it took nearly all of it off. starts and runs great, its a Honda clone engine. I use non-ethanol fuel and disconnect all the hoses and gun and drain it each time I use it. stored in unheated space. just drain the pump by pull starting 5 or 6 times with the ignition off.

Every year, I run some pump condiioner/anti-freeze into mine. Screw the bottle onto the water inlet, give it 3-4 pulls, done.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have NOTHING bad to say about Honda engines. I have an almost 13 year old Honda mower...still starts first or second pull...even after being down for the winter.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I found the pump for mine on amazon, though there doesn't appear to be many variations of the mid range pumps. I would assume much the same applies to the electric units.
From what I saw, the gas washers are more universal than the electric. The one I'm looking at is a Karcher K2.360. It looks like you piecemeal whatever broke in it, as they sell separate housing, head, thrust guidance assembly, and more.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I've got an electric 1800PSI pressure washer. I will handle any task around the house, from cars, decks, to sidewalks. Much more convenient than a gas unit.

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
I've got an electric 1800PSI pressure washer. I will handle any task around the house, from cars, decks, to sidewalks. Much more convenient than a gas unit.

Do you happen to know the brand on the electric? The appeal of not having to worry about gas is quite nice.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

It's electric, no engine involved xd. It's just a pump with a reducer.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ Okay, but an engine is essentially an air pump, and many pumps have same named parts such as piston, rings, bearings, valves, etc.

The question is, where to get these parts for the electric motor powered pump in it, besides buying entire assemblies that could end up costing as much as the whole thing is worth.

Granted, it'd be a lot easier/quicker for ME, to just unbolt an assembly and bolt a new one on, but easier still would be find a good sale price on a new replacement pressure washer.

The project kind of stagnated, due to it using water and winter arriving. It wouldn't be used again till spring if it had already been repaired.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
^ Okay, but an engine is essentially an air pump, and many pumps have same named parts such as piston, rings, bearings, valves, etc.

The question is, where to get these parts for the electric motor powered pump in it, besides buying entire assemblies that could end up costing as much as the whole thing is worth.

Granted, it'd be a lot easier/quicker for ME, to just unbolt an assembly and bolt a new one on, but easier still would be find a good sale price on a new replacement pressure washer.

The project kind of stagnated, due to it using water and winter arriving. It wouldn't be used again till spring if it had already been repaired.
I think most consumer grade pressure washers use a wobble plate pump or axial cam. Those small and cheap electric ones are sealed so you probably can't even repair it. Probably could repair some of the heavier duty higher pressure gas driven units but even those pump assemblies only cost like 70 new