Press Secretary Sean Spicer's longevity.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How long will Press Secretary Sean Spicer last?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Today, he is weirdly calm, but still having to try and polish so many turds.

He said, "I wish they'd praised his leadership." in reference to the response to Trump's finally talking about anti-Semitism. Funny, I bet they were looking for his leadership for the last month...

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

He said, "I wish they'd praised his leadership." in reference to the response to Trump's finally talking about anti-Semitism. Funny, I bet they were looking for his leadership for the last month...
So it turns out that there is conduct so egregious that even Trump recognizes that it is wrong, or at least recognizes the need to say it is wrong. It's a start.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yeah, the defensiveness over Trump and denouncing anti-Semitism was ironic. You know, the press wouldn't have harped on you about it today if your team hadn't purposefully excluded Jews from a Holocaust statement, if Trump hadn't shifted the first question last week back to his own victory, if he hadn't deemed a second question "insulting..." In other words, take an active stance denouncing anti-Semitic behavior instead of supporting theories that your administration quietly supports it.

Reactions: jackstar7

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Why should people be proud of a POTUS that takes 5 days and 2 staff meetings to decide denouncing anti-Semitism and David Duke is proper?

Feb 16, 2005
Today was a wild one. He had to dodge, duck, dive, dip, and dodge.
always remember the 5 d's
tumblr_m8q9trDFcm1ro8ysbo1_500.gif

Reactions: jackstar7

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Good article!

I was going to say that Spicer is a piece of work, but that same statement would apply to nearly all of the new Administration, Kelleyanne?, Bannon?, Reince?, Sessions?, Davos?, a huge crop of complete misfits unsuited to their current job.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Good heavens, today Sean was a damn propeller with all that spin.

Quoting Hannity was hilarious. The dodges must continue.

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Sean is going to have to refill his prescription for anti-depressants! What a total shit show. So let's look at the scoreboard, Trump, Spicer and Kellyann think that Obama wire tapped Trump Tower. The rest of the world thinks it is BS. Spicer is just not going to be able to come up with enough words to change the dialog. More PILLS!

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm inclined to think Spicer will buckle simply because of pressure. Even if he genuinely believes Trump's lies at face value (I don't think he does -- he's just in it for the money), how does he keep going when he can expect these kinds of challenges virtually every day until Trump leaves office? And is he really that comfortable knowing that his legacy will boil down to helping a President whose legacy will probably be short-lived and tarnished? Even if Trump makes it the full four years without a position-ending scandal, the next President is likely to be a Democrat who undoes virtually all his policies.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Is it me or why does he sound like he is on helium? Is his mic low quality or something?

wirelessenabled

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2001
Sort of humbled. What about Manafort? "Manafort was a consultant .... " blah blah blah. History shows that Manafort was the campaign chairman.

Feb 16, 2005
If this healthcare boondoggle doesn't shake him from the drumpf tree of crazy, I doubt much else will.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
No play by play on today's presser? I can't watch and I wanna know how they spin the AHCA failure!
Seems like change the subject is step 1. I'll be checking it out in a minute via cspan as usual, just need to get in a headspace where I can handle it.

Feb 4, 2009
Seems like Spicer is growing into the roll this last conference he wasn't as combative and genuinely appeared to have fun at some moments

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I learned that Sean Spicer appears to think that there are more types of antisemitism than that against people of Jewish faith.

Curious when we'll learn more.

And I don't think he had a good day today. The press has been getting increasingly challenging to the mouthpiece of the admin. That's a good thing for everyone, except the administration and him.

Reactions: wirelessenabled

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
You have probably seen how things went today.

He's painfully bad at this. Or exceptionally good, but the admin he works for is so awful...

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
You have probably seen how things went today.

He's painfully bad at this. Or exceptionally good, but the admin he works for is so awful...

I honestly wonder how people like Spicer and Conway live with themselves. I don't care if you're paying me $1 million per year, I couldn't live with myself if I was knowingly telling blatant, genuinely harmful lies to the public every single day. To paraphrase: what profiteth a man to gain the world and lose his integrity?

Reactions: wirelessenabled