President Obama to deliver statement on the Affordable Care Act at 11:35am ET

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I do not think the insurance companies can anymore offer the catastrophic plans or an a-la-carte menu.

I think the problem is my plan won't fit the requirements because, you know, it doesn't have any of that women's health stuff in it (I'm a single guy I have no need to pay for that) and the deductible wasn't 12 grand like I keep seeing mentioned by people (I can't afford that anyway!), and if I had to guess the monthly cost is also too "cheap" given some of these numbers flying around.
I think the max allowed deductible was capped at $6000-7000.
Many plans for my state exchange that I have looked at always had that target. Almost nothing below $3K

Previously, you would see a wide range when insurance shopping.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
There is this term "eat shit and die".
Well apparently there are people that like eating shit then dying.
That has to be frustrating to any president trying to change that thinking.
So those people insist on eating their shit healthcare plans then dying.
Prefer to be dropped when illness occurs.
Prefer to be rejected.
Prefer the illusion of coverage only to find themselves canceled.
Appears there are such people.
Truly mystifying isn't it?

Have to love old john Boehner calling our system as was the best system.
Well naturally in John's case, it is.
But that is as far as that goes.
What a chump....

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Prefer to be rejected.

What a chump....
You won. Get over it.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Prefer to be rejected.

What a chump....
Your poem doesn't rhyme. I tried setting it to Katy Perry's Roar, but that didn't work well, either. Can you give me a tip on how best to enjoy it?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Oh he won alright. He just has no clue what he won.

There seems to be no satisfying some people. I recall the happy dance after the SCOTUS said the government could tax for not having something which by law wasn't required. No matter what happens, no matter who lied, no matter who loses insurance, no matter who has to pay more for less, it doesn't matter. Some will benefit, and you can bet the PR guy will take credit for it. He'll brush off anything else and deride people who don't bow down. That's the part I don't get, because it's about winning. He and his forced this on us and as I said he won. Now we have to think like he does? Not going to happen.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
There seems to be no satisfying some people. I recall the happy dance after the SCOTUS said the government could tax for not having something which by law wasn't required. No matter what happens, no matter who lied, no matter who loses insurance, no matter who has to pay more for less, it doesn't matter. Some will benefit, and you can bet the PR guy will take credit for it. He'll brush off anything else and deride people who don't bow down. That's the part I don't get, because it's about winning. He and his forced this on us and as I said he won. Now we have to think like he does? Not going to happen.

I just stopped reading right there because I knew the rest of your post would just be more bitching. You want what no one is offering and when someone does come up with something you don't want it.

Your bitching is getting old and tired, come up with a new shtick.

Oh and I don't give a fuck if I'm on ignore.

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I just stopped reading right there because I knew the rest of your post would just be more bitching. You want what no one is offering and when someone does come up with something you don't want it.

Your bitching is getting old and tired, come up with a new shtick.

Oh and I don't give a fuck if I'm on ignore.
What was offered that actually will benefit the people.

At present more people are getting the shaft than are being helped?

So Obama realized that he screwed the pooch; refuses to admit it, tap dances the blame and then tries to offer up a moldy carrot that is inedible.

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002

So Obama realized that he screwed the pooch; refuses to admit it, tap dances the blame and then tries to offer up a moldy carrot that is inedible.

Wait, am i missing something here?

Didn't he just admit during the press conference that he fucked up?
Didn't he just concede and offer you back what you had asked for?
Tap dance the blame? Didn't he state that he knew how slow, inefficient, and poor the federal government is with IT related jobs. And that he should have taken the reins then to make sure it was rolled out properly?

Personally, I can't remember any President, at least as much as I can remember...who came out and publicly admitted as bluntly as he just did that the people have spoken and something was going to be done to appease them.

You got your cake, now you complain that its not really the cake that you wanted, and refuse to admit it was ever given to you? Am I reading you correctly?

EagleKeeper

Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

Tap dance the blame? Didn't he state that he knew how slow, inefficient, and poor the federal government is with IT related jobs. And that he should have taken the reins then to make sure it was rolled out properly?

Personally, I can't remember any President, at least as much as I can remember...who came out and publicly admitted as bluntly as he just did that the people have spoken and something was going to be done to appease them.

You got your cake, now you complain that its not really the cake that you wanted, and refuse to admit it was ever given to you? Am I reading you correctly?

Too many other times; he has walked to the edge of the cliff and then pushes someone else over. OR chooses his words to make it sound good, but not saying the truth.

A leopard may change his spots; when I see the transcript or a link is posted to the speech; then I will know.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

More people are getting the shaft than being helped? Really? According to what? Sensationalist news stories? According to agenda driven websites? According to poor journalism?

The people that benefit are the millions of people who already have insurance and can now know that they won't have their policies cancelled for so called pre existing conditions, they now know that they won't have to worry about caps, or how millions of teens and young adults can stay on their parents policies, or the millions of people who will no longer wonder how they will pay for the birth of their child and of course the millions of people who couldn't afford care before or weren't able to get it for other reasons.

The issues the ACA is facing right now affect a minority of people and as issues come up they are being addresses by those that actually want this to be effective or care about those that are affected by the issues.

It is not, in fact, hurting more people than its helping, pieces of the law have been in affect for several years already, did you hear any horror stories before the ACA website launch?

But all of that is besides my point which is; bitching about a law and offer no better alternative is pointless. Now if hayabusa wants to start a movement to really address issues that he has been complaining about, sign me up! But he is not and he is just shitting on anything that isn't his idea and he has put forth any ideas or there isn't any politician addressing his concerns, he will jut continue complaining and more useless bullshit!

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
Wow, I still can't believe people are supporting ACA and Obama at this point. The Kool-aid must have been strong.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

If Bush had admitted that we invaded Iraq and it was wrong how would that have fixed things? It wouldn't have as the damage was done.

It was necessary for Obama to pretend to care about it, but like others he knows he won, and if that get's party members off his back he'll fake it a little bit, but it was done badly from the start.

What's sad is that the Republicans don't get it either so this cluster will go on for quite some time. It will be interesting to see how this plays out come January 1.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Umm, no, more like Obama decided to get in the bus and start driving before he even checked for flats, even after being warned not to do so by the Republicans. We tried to take the keys away but he insisted he would drive it off the cliff if we didn't all get on board and site where he wanted us to sit. What's worse is he promised us it would roll just fine with these big ole square wheels.

lol. good one.:thumbsup:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
it seems like the only people who read the law are the insurance companies. its not like they woke up the morning of Oct 1 and said oh hey! we need to drop people on this plan, that plan and that plan and that plan.. Quick send out millions of cancellation letters!

obama should be impeached for this shit. he has caused serious harm to our country.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
it seems like the only people who read the law are the insurance companies. its not like they woke up the morning of Oct 1 and said oh hey! we need to drop people on this plan, that plan and that plan and that plan.. Quick send out millions of cancellation letters!

obama should be impeached for this shit. he has caused serious harm to our country.

Lol!

Serious harm? Really? GTFO!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
More people are getting the shaft than being helped? Really? According to what? Sensationalist news stories? According to agenda driven websites? According to poor journalism?

The people that benefit are the millions of people who already have insurance and can now know that they won't have their policies cancelled for so called pre existing conditions, they now know that they won't have to worry about caps, or how millions of teens and young adults can stay on their parents policies, or the millions of people who will no longer wonder how they will pay for the birth of their child and of course the millions of people who couldn't afford care before or weren't able to get it for other reasons.

The issues the ACA is facing right now affect a minority of people and as issues come up they are being addresses by those that actually want this to be effective or care about those that are affected by the issues.

It is not, in fact, hurting more people than its helping, pieces of the law have been in affect for several years already, did you hear any horror stories before the ACA website launch?

But all of that is besides my point which is; bitching about a law and offer no better alternative is pointless. Now if hayabusa wants to start a movement to really address issues that he has been complaining about, sign me up! But he is not and he is just shitting on anything that isn't his idea and he has put forth any ideas or there isn't any politician addressing his concerns, he will jut continue complaining and more useless bullshit!
You can't be serious... or real.

Remember kids, the vast majority of people you pass on the street every day are f'n stupid.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Lol!

Serious harm? Really? GTFO!

fanaticism.jpg

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Prefer to be rejected.

What a chump....
Your ears are the biggest problem. If you could just somehow get them past Obama's sphincter, you might eventually be able to extract your whole head. Unfortunately you seem hellbent on working in deeper.

You won. Get over it.
LOL He got what he wanted and it sucks monkey ass, so he is blaming everyone who tried telling him that it was going to taste like monkey ass.

What is truly amazing is that he and millions more are still looking forward to government completely taking over health care.

Your poem doesn't rhyme. I tried setting it to Katy Perry's Roar, but that didn't work well, either. Can you give me a tip on how best to enjoy it?
:D I'm guessing free government meds and a nice '64 Presidential penis. Everything goes with Messiah meat.

Angry Irishman

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2010
So how is it that the POTUS thinks he can just keep changing a law on the books at his whim via a press conference? Granted he's done it with the ACA already but how is it this folly continues or he thinks it can continue? Last time I checked Congress passes laws and the POTUS agrees or disagrees with a pen. Very tired of this regime like attitude/action from an American president and it sets a dangerous precedent to be allowed to continue.

Last edited: