President Obama invites Mitt Romney to White House for lunch

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Knowing Obama and his will to co operate, I believe he will offer Mitt a post or job of some type in his administration. After all, Mitt was pretty successful at the Olympic thing I hear. I'd have to see the actual facts and details from that, but sounds like Mitt could be of some use.
So do not be surprised if an announcement comes in early January that Mitt will join the administration in some capacity. And I would bet Mitt will accept if offered.
That can only be the reason Obama wishes to meet face to face with Mitt.
If it were just a pleasantries thing, they could have done that in a private setting.
Yes... Obama has an offer for the Wiley cayote I'd wager.
But you will have to wait until January to find out.

Yea, he fixed it by having, guess who (uncle sugar) bail it out to the tune of a billion plus dollars.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Knowing Obama and his will to co operate, I believe he will offer Mitt a post or job of some type in his administration. After all, Mitt was pretty successful at the Olympic thing I hear. I'd have to see the actual facts and details from that, but sounds like Mitt could be of some use.
So do not be surprised if an announcement comes in early January that Mitt will join the administration in some capacity. And I would bet Mitt will accept if offered.
That can only be the reason Obama wishes to meet face to face with Mitt.
If it were just a pleasantries thing, they could have done that in a private setting.
Yes... Obama has an offer for the Wiley cayote I'd wager.
But you will have to wait until January to find out.

If he fucks us over AGAIN , i am really going to be pissed.

Nov 8, 2012
Did I strike a nerve Bot number 2?

Ya keep trollin' trollin' trollin' WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Keep dreaming ;)

My point was simply asking you the question: Are you implying that Obama wouldn't have passed the equivalency to the Patriot Act had he been in office during 9/11?

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ya keep trollin' trollin' trollin' WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Keep dreaming ;)

My point was simply asking you the question: Are you implying that Obama wouldn't have passed the equivalency to the Patriot Act had he been in office during 9/11?

Says the guy with a whole 70 posts....o_O:rolleyes:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
shame Mitt accepted, would have been more interesting if he told him to screw.

He had no choice but to go. If he didn't go, Obama would've made hay out of his refusal.. and that wouldn't do Republicans any favors.

Nov 30, 2006
Says the guy with a whole 70 posts....o_O:rolleyes:
If the number of posts indicated one's intelligence...then you would qualify for membership with the Prometheus Society. Well...there goes that theory. ;)

Last edited:

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Your anger to me is unwarranted because the people of this country have spoken and embrace his policies hence he was re-elected.

Ummm, not angry with you, son. The only emotion I have with regard to you is pity.

And yes, the people have spoken. The people have sold out to voting themselves largess from the public treasury.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Why are you democrats still so obsessed with Romney? Are you upset that the popular vote wasn't the blow out you were hoping for? The sorest bunch of winners (or whiners) that I've seen.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Ummm, not angry with you, son. The only emotion I have with regard to you is pity.

And yes, the people have spoken. The people have sold out to voting themselves largess from the public treasury.

Wow so you consider the non Fox watching voting electorate as being wrong? LMAO Oh who the fuck are you called son?

Last edited:

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why are you democrats still so obsessed with Romney? Are you upset that the popular vote wasn't the blow out you were hoping for? The sorest bunch of winners (or whiners) that I've seen.

LMFAO...cognitive dissidence?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I wonder how Romney will be prepared.

I think the best way to prepare a turkey is stuffed, then slow roasted while basting it in its own juices. In this case, however, I think I'd also add some sort of a sweet sauce to offset the bitterness, or maybe just the abundant sweet tears. I'd also maybe try injecting butter since white meat tends to be more dry.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Wow so you consider the non Fox watching voting electorate as being wrong? LMAO Oh who the fuck are you called son?

Says the one who has to check with Maddow and Shultz every day to see what to rage about.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Considering his bi-partisan experience in Mass. I can definitely say there is a lot more potential than where we are at now.
Governor Romney's "bi-partisan experience" in Massachusetts consisted primarily of the Massachusetts legislature overriding 707 of his 844 vetoes.

Not exactly a record of negotiation and cooperation.