President justifies war to parents of dead

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
Text

WASHINGTON - President Bush defended the war in Iraq on the most personal level Saturday, telling grieving parents of U.S. soldiers who died there that their loss is the cost of keeping America safe.

''It's essential that I explain this properly to the parents of those who lost their lives,'' Bush said in a rare television interview. ``Saddam Hussein was dangerous, and I'm not just going to leave him in power and trust a madman.''

In excerpts from an hourlong interview taped for NBC's Meet the Press for broadcast this morning, Bush also voiced support for CIA Director George Tenet, whose agency is under fire for prewar intelligence reports that seemed to overstate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

"I'm not just going to leave him in power"? So Bush is in charge of the world?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
That was one his low points. Not convincing at all. Very sad, actually. My heart went out to all those parents whose kids died because Bush is too stupid to lead a horse let alone the most powerful nation in the world. :(

-Robert

leeboy

Banned
Dec 8, 2003
Originally posted by: buckmasterson
Text

WASHINGTON - President Bush defended the war in Iraq on the most personal level Saturday, telling grieving parents of U.S. soldiers who died there that their loss is the cost of keeping America safe.

''It's essential that I explain this properly to the parents of those who lost their lives,'' Bush said in a rare television interview. ``Saddam Hussein was dangerous, and I'm not just going to leave him in power and trust a madman.''

In excerpts from an hourlong interview taped for NBC's Meet the Press for broadcast this morning, Bush also voiced support for CIA Director George Tenet, whose agency is under fire for prewar intelligence reports that seemed to overstate Iraq's weapons of mass destruction.

He can explain it till he is blue in the face, all the lies and wool pulling will never give me and my wife our son back. As some of you know, my boy died in Iraq before Christmas guarding a gas station. So I have a little axe to grind with this sock puppet you all call your president. GWB, explanation and back handed apology NOT accepted.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: leeboy
Text

He can explain it till he is blue in the face, all the lies and wool pulling will never give me and my wife our son back. As some of you know, my boy died in Iraq before Christmas guarding a gas station. So I have a little axe to grind with this sock puppet you all call your president. GWB, explanation and back handed apology NOT accepted.

:(

rose.gif

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
He repeated thet 'Madman' thing several times, and I see him in that role.
He has become that which he feared.

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Nothing Bush says will make the lifes of people who lost loved ones in Iraq any better. And I find it pretty pathetic that he and other people use the "It's making America safer" line. I might belive that load of crap if he were talking about the war in Afganistan or against Al Qaeda. But Iraq? hell no. He should just keep his fuvking mouth shut if this is all he can come up with.

buckmasterson

Oct 12, 2002
Originally posted by: leeboy
Text

:disgust::|

We can stop with just Bush. His Machine has got to go with him!