President Bush is giving his speech before the UN right now

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When you look at your own country, Winston, and see how little the haves here care for the have-nots here, it raises a question in my mind at least, if these same haves and the have-nots, who are, on a international scale really the worlds haves, care for the comparative have-nots of the rest of the world. I kind of think that our priorities are set exactly where we want them. It's just that you are a bit odd because, if I had to guess, regardless of the state of your external wealth, you are inwardly emotionally rich. Having something yourself, you are able emotionally to give.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
2nd North Korea, eh? So basically you are saying this administration ignored a clear and present danger to the US (Bush policy from Jan01-Jan03 on North Korea) but decided to strike a lower threat instead?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: BaliBabyDoc
2nd North Korea, eh? So basically you are saying this administration ignored a clear and present danger to the US (Bush policy from Jan01-Jan03 on North Korea) but decided to strike a lower threat instead?

Korea is a clear and present danger and has been for sometime. It is shame the previous admin helped them build nuke facalities.

NK is being dealt with by this administration. It is only a matter time before NK collapsed on its own as international pressure ramps up.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Korea is a clear and present danger and has been for sometime. It is shame the previous admin helped them build nuke facalities.
Actually DPRK was building its first set of nuke facilities during Reagan and Bush, the Greater . . . it's a shame they helped them do it. Clinton's regime stopped that process (although NK started another). Unfortunately, Clinton et al were exceedingly slow in providing the nuclear power reactors as agreed upon. I assume that's the nuke facility you were talking about.

NK is being dealt with by this administration. It is only a matter time before NK collapsed on its own as international pressure ramps up.
This administration ignored NK for a year and then spent the next year calling them names. Yeah, I hear Cuba and Iran are going to fold up at any moment now.
rolleye.gif
The only hope this administration has for NK is that NK will piss China off. Japan and South Korea are bit players. Both would prefer to feed NK than fight NK. The Bush administration doesn't want to do either one. I guarantee you Russia is looking for an angle to use NK as another check on US dominance. China might have a similar perspective . . . which would partially explain their foot dragging on the issue.