President Bush: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter"

Quiksilver

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2005
Article

Honestly, I don't get into politics much but this is just ridiculous; the more he speaks the more his stupidity shows. In this case, he cracks a joke about a serious issue and fails miserably.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
GWB: making it easier for Republicans to lose since 2006.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

Sheesh, what a tard... I can't believe we have such a fool representing us here in the USA. I still can't believe americans were so stupid to vote him in the second time.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
What a friggin' putz. Our current administration is a pathetic joke top to bottom and I include both parties. I hope the people of this country realize they're not laughing with us, they're laughing at us. :(

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ericlp
The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.

Sheesh, what a tard... I can't believe we have such a fool representing us here in the USA. I still can't believe americans were so stupid to vote him in the second time.

Kinda sounds like a Family Guy tangent.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I just looked at the pic again. Note the body language of the men on either side. Awkward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
It my mind its more than just a lame joke, it gets to the heart of GWB&co.

One would hope that any President runs for office on the premise that their policies will make the world a better place. Not all succeed, I might argue that someone like Hubert Hoover was one of our hardest working Presidents. He put in 16 to 18 hour days trying to fight an economic depression he had no policy answers to. But as a former boy wonder, Hoover never embraced failure or thought it was a good thing.

GWB is the total opposite, he does not give a damn about making the world a better place, all he cares about is power. And as we can see, he told it like it is to his fellow world leaders.

The mere fact that all the other world leaders are 100% different and somehow care about their legacy, means they are totally baffled by what amounts to sick jest.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Lemon law
It my mind its more than just a lame joke, it gets to the heart of GWB&co.

One would hope that any President runs for office on the premise that their policies will make the world a better place. Not all succeed, I might argue that someone like Hubert Hoover was one of our hardest working Presidents. He put in 16 to 18 hour days trying to fight an economic depression he had no policy answers to. But as a former boy wonder, Hoover never embraced failure or thought it was a good thing.

GWB is the total opposite, he does not give a damn about making the world a better place, all he cares about is power. And as we can see, he told it like it is to his fellow world leaders.

The mere fact that all the other world leaders are 100% different and somehow care about their legacy, means they are totally baffled by what amounts to sick jest.

Ya. He seems to be the poster child for out of touch Elitism. Just stumbling through life while those around him just keep propping him up. In his wake lies ruins, but he never turns around to notice.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
I kinda thought it was funny... probably not the best place for it but oh well.

If SNL, MadTV, or some other Show/Comedian did it, then it would be funny. Somehow he just doesn't understand the seriousness associated with his Job.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I have to commend him. He recognizes that the European agenda is a joke. What is pathetic is that the other participants actually thought that the climate talks would actually produce anything meaningful.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
OH FUCK YEAH!!!

I want to buy a beer for that guy! He sounds totally RAD. Dudeski needs a BREWSKI!!! ...what do you mean impossible? He's our freaking president?! Like, the real president...? Of the United States...? Oh.

Oh dear.

TheInternet1980

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2006
The guy got away with everything under the sun for 8 years. Much more serious than this.
I don't think a little jab @ the summit is really something to get bent out of shape about at this point. Don't you agree? Those Japanese dudes are probably thinking "thank god...last time we see this asshole"

First GW Bush blunder that got an in all seriousness "that's fucking funny" from me. Most of the time I'm ashamed @ the GW blunders.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
I have to commend him. He recognizes that the European agenda is a joke. What is pathetic is that the other participants actually thought that the climate talks would actually produce anything meaningful.

Not only that, China is now the worlds largest polluter....
And mean while you can thank bush for his polices which is getting massive amounts of scrubbers installed on coal plants across the nation. There is going to be significant SOx and NOx reduction in the next few years as these come online.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
+1

Agree. I wouldn't get all lathered up about this. Was probably frustrated it was just another typical "meeting" among world leaders where nothing got done except the usual photo ops and patting oneself on the back. Another gov't boondoggle for the world's key leaders. Nothing to see here folks...move along.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: charrison

And mean while you can thank bush for his polices which is getting massive amounts of scrubbers installed on coal plants across the nation. There is going to be significant SOx and NOx reduction in the next few years as these come online.

Let's hope that he will be as effective at installing scrubbers on coal plants as he was at installing scrubs at the DOJ.

Originally posted by: brencat
+1

Agree. I wouldn't get all lathered up about this. Was probably frustrated it was just another typical "meeting" among world leaders where nothing got done except the usual photo ops and patting oneself on the back. Another gov't boondoggle for the world's key leaders. Nothing to see here folks...move along.

Yeah, a real man's man gets real tired when there's no brush to clear. Bush HATES photo ops.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Haha! That's hilarious.

One official who witnessed the extraordinary scene said afterwards: "Everyone was very surprised that he was making a joke about America's record on pollution."
Heaven forbid someone make a joke! Granted it's a serious issue, but I love how self-important these do-nothing summits are.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I can't believe anyone would find humor in or excuse that comment. It's one thing to dance on stage and make a fool of yourself. That's harmless. That's funny. It's another to make a blatantly ignorant and insulting statement on a serious topic. How many days until 1/20/09?