President Bush Changes Mind, Allows 9/11 Panel 2 Month Extension

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
He granted and extention. Good :)
Now what is the next complaint going to be?

CkG

Probably that he's sandbagging by lettign the investigation take so long
:confused:

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Just 'cause I don't like him does not mean I would'nt acknowledge when he does somethign good.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

CkG

what was your stand on this issue?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Czar

CkG

look it up;) But no matter what you concoct from my statements in those threads - my point was that it seems no matter what Bush does - even after people(left) clammor for him to do it - it is always followed up by more excuses or complaining(by the left).
Heck - prove me wrong with this thread;):D

CkG

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

CkG

look it up;) But no matter what you concoct from my statements in those threads - my point was that it seems no matter what Bush does - even after people(left) clammor for him to do it - it is always followed up by more excuses or complaining(by the left).

CkG
bah I'm not a subscriber so searching is hard for me :p
are people in this thread complaining? where?

and btw, this happens always, this happened with Clinton, this happens with Bush, this will happen with whoever gets to picked next

.. and please, spare a few clicks and write your opinion on this matter, extension or not?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG
bah I'm not a subscriber so searching is hard for me :p
are people in this thread complaining? where?

and btw, this happens always, this happened with Clinton, this happens with Bush, this will happen with whoever gets to picked next

.. and please, spare a few clicks and write your opinion on this matter, extension or not?

Here is the thread. Notice I did not participate.

But now that I have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight...:p
Anyway I don't really care what Bush did with this issue. It'll be politicized to death no matter what he does or doesn't do. I just find it interesting that some wish to condemn Bush for not extending it, but who will now find something else to bash him for over this issue.
Let's hope I'm proven wrong:)

CkG

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

CkG
That you continue bashing Dean?

Good for Bush. It's the right thing to do. Granted, I wonder if he's got something up his sleeve, but I'll look forward to him pleasantly surprising me again when the report is ready.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
I just find it interesting that some wish to condemn Bush for not extending it, but who will now find something else to bash him for over this issue.
Let's hope I'm proven wrong:)

CkG
I'd hate to keep you in suspense. The other issue is still the White House's poor cooperation in giving the Commission access to all the information they want. At last report, they let three 9/11 Commission members review some information, but would not show this info to the whole Commission or even let the three who did see it keep their notes. I think that's about a "D" on the Blix grading scale.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Corn
.........I wonder if he's got something up his sleeve..........

Cad, tell me your secret.......
Poor niblet, does my cynicism bother you?

Too bad. Your hero in the White House has lied to and dumped on this country so many times that I'm afraid I'm going to be a little skeptical when he seems to do a 180 and does something good. That's called learning from experience, something some of you may want to do next time you yammer about Democrats' spending habits, for example.

On the other hand, at least I am willing to recognize something good and comment on it. That's called being fair and open-minded. That's another novel idea some of you may want to look into.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
If I told you - then it wouldn't be a secret now would it?

CkG
Typical, taking things out of context to try to twist a point. Let's look at the whole quote, but we'll use the not-YABA-colored glasses this time:

Good for Bush. It's the right thing to do. Granted, I wonder if he's got something up his sleeve, but I'll look forward to him pleasantly surprising me again when the report is ready.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Bowfinger

CkG
Typical, taking things out of context to try to twist a point. Let's look at the whole quote, but we'll use the not-YABA-colored glasses this time:

Eh? If I wanted to comment on your "suspicions" then I would have done so. No need to get so defensive - your comments didn't cross the line of offering a complaint inspite of the "good". Although your second comments came alot closer to that "excuse" line;)

CkG

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

CkG

Eh? If I wanted to comment on your "suspicions" then I would have done so. No need to get so defensive - your comments didn't cross the line of offering a complaint inspite of the "good". Although your second comments came alot closer to that "excuse" line;)

CkG
Perhaps you didn't read the part Corn quoted? I assumed you were agreeing with him. If not, my apology.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG
Perhaps you didn't read the part Corn quoted? I assumed you were agreeing with him. If not, my apology.

Perhaps I was toying with him - hence my reply? Apology accepted:)

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The direction Bush was going lead to less than 50% approval. Look for a change of direction.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Good for Bush. We all knew he'd come around, right? RIGHT? ;)

The 9/11 panel ? known formally as the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States ? was established by Congress to study the nation?s preparedness before Sept. 11, 2001, and its response to the attacks, and to make recommendations for guarding against similar disasters.

Thought this might be of interest to those wondering about the indepent investigation that Bush is setting up for the WMD intelligence.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG
Hmmmm, a little pre-emptive whining? Awww, Bush can't ever catch a break. Right? Poor guy. :p

I, for one, think he did the right thing. Give the panel enough time to do their job. I'm not sure if two extra months does it necessarily, but hey -- let's see how it works out...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

CkG
Hmmmm, a little pre-emptive whining? Awww, Bush can't ever catch a break. Right? Poor guy. :p

I, for one, think he did the right thing. Give the panel enough time to do their job. I'm not sure if two extra months does it necessarily, but hey -- let's see how it works out...

Just trying to keep people honest and focused on the positive;) So far so good - no?:D

CkG