Predictions for mueller's testimony

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Mueller clearly stated at the opening of his House Judiciary testimony that he never even considered the question of collusion within his investigation. He was trying to determine whether the evidence rose to the level of a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia that could merit criminal charges.

Mueller's opening statement: “The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” Mueller said. But: “We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term. Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.” Suffice it to say, the evidence uncovered by Mueller's team demonstrated plenty of contacts that could be described as "collusion" but there was no criminal violation, merely a moral/ethical one.

I'll need to find the right quote from Wednesday, but I believe there was an exchange between Mueller and a member of the Judiciary Cmte. where Mueller pretty much said they decided not to charge the President on day 1 of the investigation--i.e. regardless of whatever evidence was uncovered (even if they did prove conspiracy.)

And I'm quite sure the reason conspiracy couldn't be proven was the amount of obstruction that went on. It sickens me that so many people don't care about this country, just about their 'side'. I want the right wing to just think whether in their minds if it was proven or not if all of this 'evidence' was against Obama. Would you be making these foolish defenses? Hell NO!

Mar 11, 2004
And I'm quite sure the reason conspiracy couldn't be proven was the amount of obstruction that went on. It sickens me that so many people don't care about this country, just about their 'side'. I want the right wing to just think whether in their minds if it was proven or not if all of this 'evidence' was against Obama. Would you be making these foolish defenses? Hell NO!

The issue with that is that even if the evidence fully exonerated Obama, they'd still be shrieking that he needs to be hanged for treason (and chances are they'd literally be taking shots at him). They are so biased that no amount of facts and evidence will change their minds. They make it before they even know any specifics and then just try and throw everything they can out so they can justify feeling that way.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump used this precise argument when he fired Comey!
I knew it was fake. So it cant be Obstruction. Yesterday we heard a slew of R congress critters spew the same nonsense at a god damn live hearing? Has the world gone fucking nuts?
How many brain cells does it take to realize the simplest logical fallacy known to man since the dawn of man.

edit : first fucking hit on google :

Dear god, this nation would benefit tremendously from those becoming widespread lessons taught to people

Reactions: cytg111

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Oh, that's easy. If nothing changes, then the coup is completed. The Constitution is meaningless, and I'm curious to see which states secede before being absorbed into the rising oceans, but that detail hardly matters. Putin wins as Russia becomes the dominant super power of the world.

WTF?

China will become the dominant super power, Russia will be their little lap dog.