Predictions for Black Friday?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eddnew

Sep 30, 2020
Will there still be quarantine rules in effect?
Will stores break the law to keep open and boost sales and endanger employees?
Will online sales surge in place of retail?
Will designer and hi-tech masks dominate?
Will Donald lose the election and cancel Christmas out of spite?
Discuss.

No one knows what would happen in coming days

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Oct 13 is the start of the deals this year.

Going to be a long stretched out socially distanced sale.

Question is how much money do people have to spend this year?

Second Question what inventory will be available?

Reactions: sauria

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
Those with time, may not have money, at least to freely spend, and those with money may not have time to run down deals.

aleader

Oct 28, 2013
Have RAM prices bottomed out? I see this on sale right now, and it's the cheapest they've ever been, but I keep hearing that RAM prices will still drop a bit into January:

https://www.newegg.ca/corsair-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820233859?Item=N82E16820233859

I have 32GB of this exact RAM in my 3600 system already, but have an older son whose PC could use an upgrade soon (and I can't think of what else to get him for Xmas). With tax this will only be $88CDN ($64USD). That's about $25 less than what I paid a few months ago for it.

EDIT: I see the buggers at Newegg have since this morning jacked it up to $20 shipping from free. Not a deal now, but the question is still valid.

Last edited:

undertaker101

Banned
Apr 9, 2006
Call this hope more than prediction, Nv both the 3xxx and R 6xxx cards stay in stock at MSRP at a major retailer for a couple of hours. I know pipe dreams ... :)

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Call this hope more than prediction, Nv both the 3xxx and R 6xxx cards stay in stock at MSRP at a major retailer for a couple of hours. I know pipe dreams ... :)

You mean that the retailer's website will "crash" * on sale time, and five minutes later they'll be out stock everywhere.

But, don't worry, you'll be able to buy them on eBay for twice the MSRP if you really want one.

* And by "crash", I mean that a sysadmin got paid off to tweak the firewall rules so only their buddies IP addresses could get in.

Noorjahan12

Nov 13, 2020
As I see -

Arrangements will be longer-lived

Less in-store-just offers will be accessible

Stand by times will be longer

In-store groups will be more modest

Significant delivery deferrals could happen

Actual blessings will prevail upon encounters

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Any one know of a website of where you can actually download pdfs? It is so annoying looking on websites.