Pre order Jurassic Park III DVD from Amazon.com for $20.24 and get a free Universal DVD for $2.25 shipping (MI coupon)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
I can't link without giving my personal info, but type "Jurassic Park III" into search at Amazon.

See the offer:

<< Buy Jurassic Park III on DVD, and choose a free DVD from the following collection of Universal titles! When your copy of Jurassic Park III arrives, complete the enclosed certificate, include proof-of-purchase tabs, attach your dated Amazon.com receipt, plus $2.25 for shipping and handling, and mail to Universal Studios Home Video to receive your choice from the 16 DVDs listed below. Offer form must be postmarked no later than January 15, 2002. Offer valid in USA only. >>

October Sky
The Jackal - Collector's Edition
Dragonheart - Collector's Edition
Bowfinger
The Story of Us
Mercury Rising
The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
The Hurricane
Man on the Moon
Mystery Men
Primary Colors
EdTV: Collector's Edition
Psycho
The Watcher
The Skulls (Collector's Edition)
Virus

It only cost me $23.22 for Jurassic Park III shipped from Amazon, add $2.25 for another movie shipped and it's only $25.47 for 1 brand new and 1 fairly new movie (the 16 choices are pretty good). Since I had a $15 Amazon GC, it was a great deal. :)

And of course, there are some Amazon codes floating around. I hope this hasn't been posted before.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
You're welcome . . . I guess it hasn't been posted before.

However, I was really disappointed with Mystery Men and I only rented it. However, it's a matter of taste and only $2.25 shipped.

I haven't decided yet. I liked Bowfinger best out of the ones I already saw (and there are some very good films here including October Sky as a family film), but haven't yet seen the new Psycho, EdTV, Primary Colors or Mercury Rising. (Of course, I haven't seen the Story of Us or Dragonheart but I am not tempted to order these two.) :)

Nov 29, 2001
These prices might be slightly better. Since it's a mail-in certificate that comes with the DVD, you don't have to order from Amazon:

$19.38 shipped at DeepDiscountDVD
$20.19 shipped at DVD Empire
$20.23 shipped at DVD Express
$21.39 shipped at DVD Planet

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
True about the MICoupon.

However, Amazon has some very nice coupons and GCs floating around. Their service is also excellent (usually).

Just a 'head's up' on JPIII.

:)

rushhound

Nov 18, 2000
Best Buy will have JPIII on Tuesday for $16.99. You can still mail in for the "free" DVD. Even with tax and no shipping for JPIII it should be your best bet. If you don't have a BB near you keep a eye on Wal-Mart as they tend to have hot prices on the blockbuster titles like this. This week they had Pearl Harbor for $16.88. Would not be surprised to see the same thing on JPIII.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Anybody want me to change the title of this thread?

Suggestions?

I'll be glad to. :)

Seriously, my own personal hot deal was using a $15 Amazon GC to bring the final total price to $10.47 for 2 DVDs!

I didn't bother to research further . . . that's what you guys are for. ;)

:D

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001
There's also a coupon in the box to order a "free" ($6.95 shipping) copy of "Beyond Jurassic Park" on DVD (a "secrets and making of" sorta deal) as well as a collector's box which holds the 3 JP DVDs plus the "Beyond" DVD, effectively giving you a 4-disc JP box set (assuming you already own the first two, or plan to).

Amazon began shipping JP3 yesterday, BTW.

FYI-

-JB

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Now I am a little confused (what's new?) :)

This is the collector's edition from Amazon. It includes:

Collector's Edition

Edition Details:
? Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
? Color, Closed-captioned, DTS Surround Sound, Widescreen
? Theatrical trailer(s)
? Making of JPIII
? Feature Commentary
? New dinosaurs of JPIII
? Tour of Stan Winston Studio
? Visit to ILM
? Dinosaur turntables
? Behind-the-Scenes Montage
? Storyboard Sequences
? JPIII Archives
? Finding New Dinosaurs
? Widescreen anamorphic format

Is there ANOTHER disc for $6.95?

EDIT: You are quite right about shipping soon. I just checked my order:

<< We are preparing these items for shipment and can no longer change shipping and billing options for them. >>

rushhound

Nov 18, 2000
apoppin,
The $6.95 disc is a 4th disc that is included in the new trilogy box set. This 4th disc is just more extras that are not available on any of the other 3 DVD's. Universal gives you the option of ordering the 4th disc if you already have the first 2 DVD's and don't want to buy the trilogy but DO want the 4th disc with more extras on it. The $6.95 also includes a box for all 4 DVD's to fit in.
Oh yeah, I wasn't dissing your deal just throwing out some other options. If you had the Amazon GC that was obviously the way to go for you. :)
Hope that helps.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

<< Oh yeah, I wasn't dissing your deal just throwing out some other options. >>

No worries (I have an extra thick skin - even for a Ferengi - anyway). :)

This forum is for the BEST deal. I just posted my personal best deal and opened a discussion for other possibilities. It IS a hot deal with JPIII and a 2nd Universal movie for shipping no matter where you get it (for a good price).

Your comments are always welcome!

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
So can anyone confirm whether BB will have JP3 for $16.99? I would like to buy it if it's $17 like pearl harbor was.

Thanks,
Honkey

wakeboarder

Oct 25, 2001
800.com has it for $18.94 and free shipping on 3 movies when you pay for shipping on one. Has the free movie and

The Beyond Jurassic Park bonus DVD includes over two hours of never-before-available material from all three films. Plus, you?ll receive a collectible Jurassic Park DVD case that holds all three movies and the Beyond Jurassic Park bonus DVD! But that costs $6.95 in shipping.

Link

Also the list of movies is slightly different then what's posted so far

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
Bowfinger
Dragonheart Collector?s Edition
***Dudley Do-Right
***The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
The Hurricane Collector?s Edition
***Leave it to Beaver
Man on the Moon
Mercury Rising
Mystery Men
***October Sky
Primary Colors
Psycho (1998) Collector?s Edition
The Skulls Collector?s Edition
The Story of Us
Virus
The Watcher

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001
"The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas". Heehee. Never saw a good review for THAT one, did ya?

I think I'll wait til they give that one away free with Fruity Pebbles.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
JP3 was not as good as the first 2. Not by a long shot. If you havn't seen it, rent it first. The plot was pretty lame.

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
Sounds like a great deal,... if BB has it for $17, I probably will go for it.... $20 bucks for two movies...

Any comment on which free movie is the best to get???

I may try Dragonheart or Oct. whatever...

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

<< Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today,
and that this completes your order.
>>

:)

Well, let's see, it costs me $4 to rent it and $8 to buy it (with my GC - AND, I get ANOTHER movie for $2.25) . . . that's a difficult decision. :D

Anyway, my recommendations of the movies I have already seen:

Bowfinger - VERY funny (if uneven) movie starring Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy. Even after seeing this once, I'd add it to my collection.

The Jackal - OK thriller (I would have liked it better but I saw the original which was so much better).

October Sky - family film - good story and acting; no real faults but it is a "feel good" movie based on a true story

The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle - I was a real fan of the original (so I hated this movie - totally disappointed). It COULD have been very good. The story lacked the originality of the tv series.

The Hurricane - True story, very gritty with an excellent performance by Denzel Washington. Being true it is very depressing and not for everyone. I have this DVD.

Man on the Moon - Jim Carey's superb portrayel of (What's his name) that played Latka on Taxi. Superb acting but if you didn't like Andy Kaufman (like I never did), you would be left with a 'who cares' and still dislike the comic even more.

Mystery Men - too weird for me - anti-superhero story. I was disappointed thoroughly. Some bright moments here and there but it lacked . . . I lost interest.

The Watcher - forgetable. No really, I forgot. I did see it . . . must not have been that good.

The Skulls - Someone told me it was based in reality. Really? Plot was just too full of holes. Halfway through I just lost interest and stopped caring. Its a retred of an idea that's been done before and much better.

Virus - with Jamie Lee Curtis. It was a hoot and better than I expected. Had a few thrills and excitment - kind of fun. Kind of like "Alien" on a ship with some twists.

And I am REALLY (really) proud of my stupid opinion.

Sanjoelo

Apr 4, 2001

<< JP3 was not as good as the first 2. Not by a long shot. If you havn't seen it, rent it first. The plot was pretty lame. >>

Wow..it must really be bad then, 'cause the second one sucked some serious 4$$.

I paid $8 for it as well (after GC), so I'm not sweating it too much. I'm more interested in the completing my set with the "Beyond" DVD and the box. The extra free DVD is kinda nice, too.

vtqanh

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
BB will have it for 16.99. Circuit City will have it for 16.99 (I saw them in the stock room today - I'm working at CC)

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

<< You're welcome . . . I guess it hasn't been posted before.

However, I was really disappointed with Mystery Men and I only rented it. However, it's a matter of taste and only $2.25 shipped.

I haven't decided yet. I liked Bowfinger best out of the ones I already saw (and there are some very good films here including October Sky as a family film), but haven't yet seen the new Psycho, EdTV, Primary Colors or Mercury Rising. (Of course, I haven't seen the Story of Us or Dragonheart but I am not tempted to order these two.) :)
>>

Bowfinger was probably one of the most under-rated film ever! Probably the best movie on the list.

Yeah shuggie baby, it was butta! Like butta! Yeah! Butta! :D

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001

<<

Virus - with Jamie Lee Curtis. It was a hoot and better than I expected. Had a few thrills and excitment - kind of fun. Kind of like "Alien" on a ship with some twists.

>>

Any Jamie Lee hooter shots? She's a hottie :)

BTW- Here's the ingredients for a perfect movie:

1. Sex
2. Violence
3. Car chase (another vehicle may be substituted, just as long as it shoots sparks from the bottom when it jumps over a hill in the road).

Use these guidelines and you will never again see a bad movie!

You're welcome.

Devistater

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2001
Possible bonus?

I've been looking into getting that new disposable cell-phone that's coming out from hop-on.comhttp://www.hop-on.com/
Today I went and visited it in hopes that it would be out soon so I can get a couple of these for christmas presents ($30 for 60 mins aint too bad of a deal for a disposable cell phone). I found this link: http://www.hop-on.com/jpjv.html
Basically it says they are including the phone for FREE in the DVD. Personally I'm gonna wait until tuesday and go hit best buy and make sure my package has it in it. All the free movies on that amazon page suck anyway.

Oh, BTW, the above webpages have some silly sounds from the movie and stuff, but its freaking loud. So make sure you don't accidently have your speakers up.
Devistater

RBC

Jul 27, 2001
If JP2 is better than JP3 than why even bother. We walked out of JP2 because the story line and acting were so laughable.

Devistater

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2001
My personal opinion, JP1 kicked azz... JP2 kinda sucked, JP3 was ok. So I thought JP3 was better than 2, but not as good as 1.
Dev