Pray for Obama—Psalm 109:8

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
For those who don't know, burning someone in effigy is a form of political protest that is intended to show dislike for a figure, not as a direct desire for his death. While I have no doubt that some of the people burning Bush in effigy DID in fact wish for his death, that's not what the gesture stands for. So no, it's not the same thing. Anyone who is praying for Obama's death is simply batshit crazy.

All I can really say beyond that is ladies and gentlemen... Christianity, the religion of peace.

As always you show yourself to be a dumbass.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Looks like you didn't follow his link(s). It shows a bunch people, presumably at different times/events, holding signs calling for Bush to be killed.

It's not really an efficgy thing.
--------------------

If I'd have seen the Psalms bumper sticker I would have thought them an Obama supporter.

It looks to me like somebody thought it a clever way to say they hope he's a one-term President. But Jeebus, you Obama supporters are mighty sensitive. What a big fuss over nothing much. (Turning this into calls for assasination is down right ridiculous). Then, predictably enough, you make a hard-left turn into bashing Christianity. I doubt the one has much, if anything, to do with the other. The bumper sticker may well be from some random entreprenuer trying to make a buck. (Or maybe the Pope is behind it!! ;) )

Fern

I'd simplify it like this...if your political views fit on a bumper sticker, it's a pretty good chance that your political views aren't very well thought out. I'd say this bumper sticker is in pretty bad taste, but so are a lot of bumper stickers.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
There is certainly something. This really reminds me of the Clinton perpetual Investigations by the Republicans. Constant personal Attacks and little else.

Maybe because he (and Hillary) broke a number of laws and were constantly under investigation as their friends languished in prison?