Pray for Obama—Psalm 109:8

Oct 16, 1999
http://features.csmonitor.com/polit...a-slogan-use-of-psalm-1098-funny-or-sinister/

There’s a new slogan making its way onto car bumpers and across the Internet. It reads simply: “Pray for Obama: Psalm 109:8”

A nice sentiment?

Maybe not.

The psalm reads, “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.”

Presidential criticism through witty slogans is nothing new. Bumper stickers, t-shirts, and hats with “1/20/09” commemorated President Bush’s last day in office.

But the verse immediately following the psalm referenced is a bit more ominous: “Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

Stay classy conservatives.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Anyone using that should be ashamed . That whole passage was written by David as a request to God against the people that were persecuting him. It is basically a request for God to torture a man and his family and all the support him.

They might as well say 'we need to kill and torture Obama and his family' .

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Anyone using that should be ashamed . That whole passage was written by David as a request to God against the people that were persecuting him. It is basically a request for God to torture a man and his family and all the support him.

They might as well say 'we need to kill and torture Obama and his family' .

About the same mentality that offer "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with... "

/of course, they pussy out on finishing that full quote...

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
About the same mentality that offer "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with... "

Very close, except this is really worse. This is something you would use with someone like Hitler.
Let his days be few; and let another take his office. Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow. Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places. Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labor. Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favor his fatherless children. Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out. Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the LORD; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out. Let them be before the LORD continually, that he may cut off the memory of them from the earth. Because that he remembered not to shew mercy, but persecuted the poor and needy man, that he might even slay the broken in heart. As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones. Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually. Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the LORD, and of them that speak evil against my soul.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
yeah, let's argue all our political views based on a religion, then disrespect the shit out of it anyway...

it's sad that the only positive thing that can be said anymore is at least they're generally not hating obama for being black. just every single other thing, legitimate or not. i'd almost prefer good old fashioned racism.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
edit- sorry, board crapped itself when i quick replied.

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Very close, except this is really worse. This is something you would use with someone like Hitler.

I believe with these folks that is how they see it... but as the cowards they are poorly trying to cloak it...

\but anyone can see what they're saying a mile away....

Last edited:
Oct 16, 1999
yeah, let's argue all our political views based on a religion, then disrespect the shit out of it anyway...

it's sad that the only positive thing that can be said anymore is at least they're generally not hating obama for being black. just every single other thing, legitimate or not. i'd almost prefer good old fashioned racism.

They're not explicitly calling him a n*****, but there's still plenty of good old fashioned racism behind a lot of this hate.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006

/of course, they pussy out on finishing that full quote...

I'm not sure where you do your reading, but I've never seen it cut short to that form.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
you're likely overestimating the amount of thought that went into some guy creating a bumpersticker.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
They're not explicitly calling him a n*****, but there's still plenty of good old fashioned racism behind a lot of this hate.

There is certainly something. This really reminds me of the Clinton perpetual Investigations by the Republicans. Constant personal Attacks and little else.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I'm not sure where you do your reading, but I've never seen it cut short to that form.

story1.jpg

So, what does this imply?

\other than wearing a jumpsuit and a bad hat...

Last edited:

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
living in tennessee, most of the strong opposition to obama is from people who cite, as the largest reasons for their dislike, programs that are largely seen to benefit blacks and mexicans (illegals, mostly, of course). that's the biggest argument anyone can come up with for healthcare- basically, illegal aliens will steal their paycheck. and then you've got, of course, people who hate 'them damn n*****s.' but this is mostly people in their 50's and up, who i excuse as products of a different generation- they really seem to have no genuine hatred for blacks, just more of a 'casually racist' vibe ingrained from their upbringing.

honestly, i think 95% of the hate is just from him not being a repulican. period. he might as well be hillary clinton might as well be al gore. any dem in 2008 was to be a lamb to the slaughter. like i said, it's kind of nice that it's not blatant racism- but they hate him for even more fucked up reasons. 'he's trying to regulate the power of corporations and look out for our general well-being! oh noes, GIT 'IM!!!!!'

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I think it's funny. Then again when the Dems did it to Bush I chuckled too. The hand wringing is ironic. It's not that a President was reviled, but that the President is Obama.

The race card being played here is pretty neat too. Don't like Obama??? RACIST!!!

I'm no respecter of any politician. They'll deal I'm sure.