powerstrip not saving overclock settings when reboot

leeperpsu

Jul 10, 2003
does anyone know how to have powerstip save your overclock settings so when you reboot your computer the overclocked settings automatically show up.

also do i need to have powerstrip running when windows starts up to get my overclocked settings?

lastly does powerstrip use alot of resources if its running in the background?

is there a way to load my settings and then turn off powerstrip so its not running?

Peter D

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2002
... have you clicked 'remember overclocked settings on windows startup'? or something to that effect ;)

leeperpsu

Jul 10, 2003
yea i have return to settings clicked in the options, BUT i don't have powerstrip set to automatically run when windows boots up. in order for me to get my overclocks back i have to physically open up powerstrip and then close it.

is that normal? is there a way to have the new clocks automatically load without having to run powerstrip? i guess its not a problem to run it in the background...but does it suck up a lot of resources??

leeperpsu

Jul 10, 2003
well that sounds good, but could you explain how to do it?

and before i change the clocks in the bios i wanna make positive that my overclock is stable correct?

leeperpsu

Jul 10, 2003
anyone use powerstrip

do you know how the change a command line. i want to put this in...pstrip.exe/exit

cause this will make powerstrip do what i want, which is to open change my clocks and then close automatically.

JSSheridan

Golden Member
Sep 20, 2002
On my system, XP Pro and 512MB mem, PStrip uses 6,100k of memory and almost no CPU time. Peace.

YoungChowFun

Feb 1, 2003
BOO!!!! For me, I say powerstrip SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Seeing as u have an ATI card, I say u uninstall Powerstrip and install Rage3d Tweak. You can find it at www.rage3d.com. With 3d Tweak, there's a tab in the control panel that let's you control the clock speeds and you can save the settings. Just be sure to have Gameutil (included w/ 3d tweak) at the startup of windows to make sure the clock speeds stay there.

Hanzou

Apr 29, 2003
I have used powerstrip and rage3d or whatever its called and they seem to work just the same. right now with Powerstrip I have my ATI Radeon 9600 at 513/344