Power supply low voltage 5V rail.

Xenos

Feb 12, 2000
My ULTRA 800W power supply has failed and on my ultra power supply checker I have lost the PG signal. The checker shows all cable plug voltages good though. However on checking with a multimeter I have observed that all of the 5V outputs have dropped to 3.8V. This I think is where my problem lies. Does anyone have any experience in locating and correcting this problem?

Xenos

Feb 12, 2000
Thanks partner, but have already done that. Was not thinking of reusing it in a computer; really want to convert the thing to a homemade lab bench top power supply. I however need to have the 5V working as well as the other voltages. Thus the reason why I wanted to correct that problem before proceeding.

Xenos

Feb 12, 2000
Thanks rolli59. Have been perusing the schematic. Could be a number of things but am leaning toward the IC3 regulator. Will have a look when I get off from work.
And thanks torn mind. Did not notice any swollen or apparently defective caps but will do a more thorough inspection later. Will identify and replace that 5V regulator and see what happens first. Thanks guys.