Potential McCain/Palin voters can stay home!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 29, 2006
I wonder if she will be upset come Nov 4th when what God wants and what SHE thinks God wants are not the same. I mean if you really believe in something like that i think one would want to off themselves for being so wrong and that their belief system just crumbled around them.

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
Does her belief in God allow her to accept defeat as God's will? If that is true, then I look forward to her concession speech the day after election day. Then she can say that God has spoken and Obama is God's choice.

JJChicken

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2007
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
I'd love to get Palin's reaction to her own comments on November 5th, you know after she loses the election for McCain and is forced to admit that god didn't do the right thing. :laugh:

I wonder how the bible-bangers would spin that?

:laugh:

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I'd love to get Palin's reaction to her own comments on November 5th, you know after she loses the election for McCain and is forced to admit that god didn't do the right thing. :laugh:

Like Falwell did, God is punishing America

So if Obama happens to win, God is anti-American?

If God is anti-American this election must forecast an apocalyptic prophecy.

The Apocalypse will bring forth the Four Horsemen.

The third horseman is riding the black horse.

If you take the 3 and divide it into Anandtech P&N Forums you get 6+6+6.

We're doomed!

See? Using evangelical "logic" is infallible. You can never be wrong!

kamiller42

Sep 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Zedtom
Does her belief in God allow her to accept defeat as God's will? If that is true, then I look forward to her concession speech the day after election day. Then she can say that God has spoken and Obama is God's choice.

She would probably say "we reap what we sow."

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Juddog
Originally posted by: jman19
Originally posted by: Budmantom
What does Ala & Wright have to say?

Nothing, I guess. What is your point besides blatant trolling?

Budmantom is simply using the Karl Rove style of spin - when confronted with something directly, sidestep and change the issue. It's no wonder he thought Palin did great during the VP debates.

Actually, I think that's the tactic most posters on this board use.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I was watching Joe Scarborough's show this morning. He showed a clip of a recent Obama rally speech where Obama said "we have the wind at our back" twice, and each time Scarborough (former GOP Congressman) went on a rant claiming Obama thinks he's Moses. That's a huge stretch to me (I'm not religious but use that phrase from my sailing and bike riding days) but what really got me was not even once did he mention Palin's repeated direct references to God's will. In fact, he claimed many influential people who met her were impressed with her. I hate bias so thick it overcomes rational thought.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Sorta like the athletes in sports thanking god for their victory. When they lose is because they weren't faithful enough or was god busy that day? :confused: