Pot

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I've tried it once... Felt nothing. Well the first puff, I felt a quick buzz for 2 seconds, and after that I felt normal.
Then I took like 4 more puffs on the bong. Didn't feel a thing.
I heard that's typical among first timers.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: element
Originally posted by: Vic
Pot makes you dumb as fscking sh!t. Why the fsck you think they call it dope?

Most of you pea brains are dumb enough as it is.

You know what the most dangerous thing on earth is?

I'll bet you don't....dumbass...

ok I'll tell you

Human Stupidity.

That's right. Worse than any tsunami, earthquake, or whatever natural event you can think of.

there is no devil. the most evil destructive force on earth are stupid humans in large numbers.

they've killed more people for the worst fscking reasons imaginable.

and you think it's ok for people to get even dumber than that?

how fscking stupid can you get?

/end rant mode.

You must've smoked a sh!tload of pot to get as stupid as you are then.

You've got a good sig:" "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of Man." -- Thomas Jefferson "

But a stupid post. You've offered nothing but an ad hominem attack, in other words attacking the person rather than the discussed topic.

Not only that, you've done so most unconvincingly and your comment was witless, deviod of any humor or intelligence as well.

Go die in a fire due to dropping your joint on some flammable materials and stfu.

How was your original post any better? in other words attacking the person rather than the discussed topic. I mean wtf to you call "Most of you pea brains are dumb enough as it is." and "how fscking stupid can you get?" and "I'll bet you don't....dumbass...". As for content you hardly addressed my original post nor the comments of others directly either. In stead you went off on a rant about how stupid humanity is, something I think a lot of us can agree on but which has little if anything to do with the conversation at hand.

Siva

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Originally posted by: virtualgames0
I've tried it once... Felt nothing. Well the first puff, I felt a quick buzz for 2 seconds, and after that I felt normal.
Then I took like 4 more puffs on the bong. Didn't feel a thing.
I heard that's typical among first timers.

Learn how to inhale potwaster!

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002

ok I'll tell you

Human Stupidity.

That's right. Worse than any tsunami, earthquake, or whatever natural event you can think of.

there is no devil. the most evil destructive force on earth are stupid humans in large numbers.

/end rant mode.

You've got a good sig:" "I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of Man." -- Thomas Jefferson "

But a stupid post. You've offered nothing but an ad hominem attack, in other words attacking the person rather than the discussed topic.

Not only that, you've done so most unconvincingly and your comment was witless, deviod of any humor or intelligence as well.

Go die in a fire due to dropping your joint on some flammable materials and stfu.

Dude calm down and smoke a bowl.

I heard TJ was big into Mary Jane (also Sally Hemmings).

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Siva

ok I'll tell you

Human Stupidity.

/end rant mode.

Maybe, but your post was pretty retarted. Pot might affect my brain, but 3 hours later I am pretty sure that as dumb as it might make me, its all worn off.

I still get As in college, I hold a decent job, and I've kept my scholarship quite easily even if I smoke a lot of pot (and I do). So how is it making me "dumb as fvcking sh!t", as you so eloquently put it?

Back when I was in school there was this dude we all used to make fun of.. poor as hell, clothes in taters, rode a bike around campus, white boy with dreed-locks... total loser looking and smoked dope every day... We called him "wind walker" cause he was so emaciated..

Well one quarter I found him sitting in my quantum mechanics (400 level physics) class and he constantly set the curve with highest test scores.

That experiance (and others) definity changed my outlook on people. Don't judge a book...

BannedTroll

Banned
Nov 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Locut0s

ok I'll tell you

Human Stupidity.

/end rant mode.

How was your original post any better? in other words attacking the person rather than the discussed topic. I mean wtf to you call "Most of you pea brains are dumb enough as it is." and "how fscking stupid can you get?" and "I'll bet you don't....dumbass...". As for content you hardly addressed my original post nor the comments of others directly either. In stead you went off on a rant about how stupid humanity is, something I think a lot of us can agree on but which has little if anything to do with the conversation at hand.

ummmm....your post was retarded and shows an obvious lack of knowledge of the subject. Add to that it was inflammatory and seems to attack pot users.......and ...well....stfu

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Zebo
Originally posted by: Siva

ok I'll tell you

Human Stupidity.

/end rant mode.

Maybe, but your post was pretty retarted. Pot might affect my brain, but 3 hours later I am pretty sure that as dumb as it might make me, its all worn off.

I still get As in college, I hold a decent job, and I've kept my scholarship quite easily even if I smoke a lot of pot (and I do). So how is it making me "dumb as fvcking sh!t", as you so eloquently put it?

Back when I was in school there was this dude we all used to make fun of.. poor as hell, clothes in taters, rode a bike around campus, white boy with dreed-locks... total loser looking and smoked dope every day... We called him "wind walker" cause he was so emaciated..

Well one quarter I found him sitting in my quantum mechanics (400 level physics) class and he constantly set the curve with highest test scores.

That experiance (and others) definity changed my outlook on people. Don't judge a book...

Cheater.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Maybe, but your post was pretty retarted. Pot might affect my brain, but 3 hours later I am pretty sure that as dumb as it might make me, its all worn off.

I still get As in college, I hold a decent job, and I've kept my scholarship quite easily even if I smoke a lot of pot (and I do). So how is it making me "dumb as fvcking sh!t", as you so eloquently put it?"

Well for one thing, I can spell retarded without sounding like one.

BannedTroll

Banned
Nov 19, 2004
"Maybe, but your post was pretty retarted. Pot might affect my brain, but 3 hours later I am pretty sure that as dumb as it might make me, its all worn off.

I still get As in college, I hold a decent job, and I've kept my scholarship quite easily even if I smoke a lot of pot (and I do). So how is it making me "dumb as fvcking sh!t", as you so eloquently put it?"

Sounding like a retarded?

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002

Sounding like a retarded? You can spell but your grammar is a little lacking. Maybe you should go toke up.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: daveshel

Propoganda. Stereotype. Your brain on drugs as fried was a 'just say no' era campaign that was good rhetoric but short on fact. In fact, many of the great intellects of our time have been pot smokers, and look at the guys like Edison and Ford who used cocaine. You can get a lazy brain sitting on a couch watching reality TV with or without pot, or you can acheive academic and professional success while using pot on a regular basis. It isn't so much the drugs as much as the lackadasical attitude and the lack of discipline that leads to the burnt-out syndrome.

best retort evar.

all you other numbskulls with your panties in a wad should take note.

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
Originally posted by: BannedTroll

Sounding like a retarded?

^5 (*highfive*) !!

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Cheater?

LOL showing your high levels of smartness again. Quantums not a class you can cheat in with true/false answers on scantron like you're used to.:p You do pages of calculus formulating working with operon models for each answer. Typically only 5-6 questions per exam requiring pages of work to get an answer. The work is typically where you get the credit since almost everyone answers wrong.

BaboonGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
Originally posted by: daveshel

Propoganda. Stereotype. Your brain on drugs as fried was a 'just say no' era campaign that was good rhetoric but short on fact. In fact, many of the great intellects of our time have been pot smokers, and look at the guys like Edison and Ford who used cocaine. You can get a lazy brain sitting on a couch watching reality TV with or without pot, or you can acheive academic and professional success while using pot on a regular basis. It isn't so much the drugs as much as the lackadasical attitude and the lack of discipline that leads to the burnt-out syndrome.

best retort evar.

all you other numbskulls with your panties in a wad should take note.

Hey how do you spell ad hominem? I forgot.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BaboonGuy

Sounding like a retarded? You can spell but your grammar is a little lacking. Maybe you should go toke up.

I said sounding like one. That "one" would be a retarded person. If you had any friggin brains left in that smoke filled paper weight of a cavity you call a cranium, you could have figured that out on your own without my help.

BannedTroll

Banned
Nov 19, 2004
Originally posted by: BaboonGuy

I said sounding like one. That "one" would be a retarded person. If you had any friggin brains left in that smoke filled paper weight of a cavity you call a cranium, you could have figured that out on your own without my help.

ok....yeah.....put the crack pipe down.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
meh, if anti nanny state groups like the nra were more consistent we'd have no absurd drug laws.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Zebo
Cheater?

LOL showing your high levels of smartness again. Quantums not a class you can cheat in with true/false answers on scantron like you're used to.:p You do pages of calculus formulating working with operon models for each answer. Typically only 5-6 questions per exam requiring pages of work to get an answer. The work is typically where you get the credit since almost everyone answers wrong.

Oh is that what I'm used to? Or is that one of the hallucinations you had while experimenting with the various drugs you use in order to find what you're missing in life? Perhaps if you had any semblance of useful grey matter in that empty skull of yours you wouldn't need those drugs.

You know I don't believe your BS story right? I've never seen a pot smoker worth his weight in feces so you haven't convinced me.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Baked
What's the big deal. It's no worse than getting drunk.

That's true it's not. But they tried to outlaw alcohol too and that didn't go over well either.

Just goes to show you stupid people in large numbers win out over common sense and intelligent, moral, proper behavior.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

It was simply designed to match the quality of your initial post.

If you knew anything about what you are ranting about, you would not that it is not stupidity that has killed so many, but ignorance. The stupid tend to get by just fine.

Case in point about ignorance. The greatest killer in the history of humankind is cholera. It has probably killed more people than old age. And it is more or less caused by putting the outhouse too close to the well. Yet throughout thousands of years, people died from cholera because they didn't know what was killing them. They were not stupid, simply ignorant as to the cause.

Your attitude is also ignorant.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Baked
What's the big deal. It's no worse than getting drunk.
That's true it's not. But they tried to outlaw alcohol too and that didn't go over well either.

Just goes to show you stupid people in large numbers win out over common sense and intelligent, moral, proper behavior.
Moral? :p

Christ's first miracle was to turn water into wine for a party.

And if you admit that alcohol prohibition was a failure, why do you still hold out hope for drug prohibition?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Smoked enough Pot/Hash years ago to make up for all those who haven't, even Element! The Propoganda spewed about Pot is so ridiculous I don't need Pot to ROFL at that tripe. Alcohol is worse in everyway imaginable, though I have nothing against alcohol either enjoying a Beer or glass of Wine regularly. It's always telling that the greatest Ranters against Pot just spew the Official line and have never tried it.