Post your very first thread made in anandtech.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
mine was over 5 years ago. i highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt i would be able to post it.

but i do remember the title being "STORY TIME!!!" then i would start off with some stuff and more and more people would add on their own version. good times.

Valhalla1

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
umm

1999 ? yeah right, archives dont even go back that far, this forum was on different software back then

Oct 4, 2004

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Pretty sure this was my first post...
Also I think I was partially retarded a few years ago.
post.

And damn that motherboard sucked, it never did run right with DDR installed.
Though its still running that 1.4 Athlon at my parents house to this day with some good ole PC133.

lizardboy

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Quasmo
Originally posted by: lizardboy
back in spring of '01 during the wal-mart laptop frenzy

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...threadid=352765&enterthread=y&arctab=y

EDIT - LOL, the Wal-Mart link still works. For those of you who weren't around 5 years ago, this laptop caused a near-riot.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=932331

Yesterday I bought an Intel CoreDuo Tablet PC with a 14in widesceen, 100gb HDD, gig of ram and it only ran me $1250, damn times have changed.

I know - I've gone through 3 or 4 laptops since that one. My brother-in-law is still using that HP and the darn thing is hanging in there just fine.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: fisher
Originally posted by: shortylickens
I know I cant find it. The search here sucks and it was over 3 years ago.
It was in Peripherals. A fellow was asking about digital audio and I signed up so I could tell him the difference between Tos-link, mini-plug and digital coax.
Actually saved him from blowing money on the wrong equipment.
EDIT:
HOLY CRAP! :Q
I've been on 3 years and a day!
i found mine. search old threads, sorted by date, then limit the timeframe (i did mine to start at my start date and end 1 year later). makes it easy to find.
this seems to be it.
Nope. That just proves my point. I know my first was on the day I joined. I fudged up and instead of answering the guy I made a new thread.
And in the above thread you'll notice I double posted and didnt know how to edit properly. I cant even remember what I was trying to say there. Still a relative noob.

I didnt get into Off Topic for almost a year. Before that my post per day was much less than 1. Not long after I joined, I was trying to help a guy in Video. I made a comment I thought was useful and for some reason he decided to rip me a new bung hole. Claiming he wasnt a newb and I was an idiot and some other nonsense. The regulars came in and backed me up. They told the guy he was acting like a newb and should stop it.
I was appalled. "This is how people talk to each each other in a computer forum? Why would someone who's never even met me want to hurt my feelings?"
Thats when I realized there were plenty of assholes here, and I should just avoid them. Was much more cautious about how and when I responded.
My PPD average didnt shoot up until I got into OT much later.

Jun 18, 2000
Apparently, I had just discovered the wonders of the PS2Rate utility and had upped the refreshed rate of my mouse.

Just upped the refresh rate of my Rat
I never noticed how slow and choppy the default refresh rate of a PS2 mouse is (40hz). This little program came with 2 seperate little utilities.

The first is a big grey square on the screen, where you are supposed to move your cursor over the square and it tells you your average refresh rate.

The second utility actually allows you to play with the rates. I upped the rate to 200hz and holy sweet jesus is it smooth . I lowered it down to 80hz and noticed very little difference from the 200hz. Im guessing this has to do with the fact at 1024x760 my monitor refreshes at 80hz (or is it 85?...i dont know). Could that be it?

If you dont have this little proggie i recommend giving it a download. Just show "some browser lovin'"-VoodooExtreme- right here...

http://www.tweakfiles.com/misc/ps2rateplus.html

[Edit] Oh BTW, for you gamers, it makes moving a smoother when playing online. [/Edit]

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Im selling a retail box of the Leadtek GF2 64 DDR w/tvout, im asking for 160$ or i have a Ati Rage Furry Maxx for 75$

That was back in June of 01.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
My first post was a few forums ago. It was very green back then. It clearly showed Anandtechs bias for AMD. It's harder to tell today.

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Should I spend $75 more for AIW 32

I ended up getting both an AIW 32 and the Radeon 64 VIVO at some point. I remember the VIVO was an "SE" model with the faster 5ns ram which would overclock to 200mhz+ :)

also, I notice a post from my good friend "oldfart". I miss that dude :(

EDIT: also just notice that it says my post was edited today...I didn't edit my post?wtf?

myjaja

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: rbV5

I ended up getting both an AIW 32 and the Radeon 64 VIVO at some point. I remember the VIVO was an "SE" model with the faster 5ns ram which would overclock to 200mhz+ :)

EDIT: also just notice that it says my post was edited today...I didn't edit my post?wtf?

What happened to ''oldfart''?

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: myjaja

He left when the mods wouldn't do anything about Rollo crapping up all the threads in the video forum. AT and AT video forum particularly lost several excellent posters and tons of respectability by not properly moderating the video forum.

myjaja

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2005
Originally posted by: myjaja

He left when the mods wouldn't do anything about Rollo crapping up all the threads in the video forum. AT and AT video forum particularly lost several excellent posters and tons of respectability by not properly moderating the video forum.

That sucks.

Those mods :|