Post your favorite CS:Source Servers here!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YoungGun21

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
I'm pretty much GG only right now. Once I get good I'll venture back out into the regular CS servers.

24/7 Gungame Dagger Server II|DEATHMATCH| Fast Dl's - 8.2.122.222:27015

Thats where you can usually find me.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
I recently just started playing GG... it's really fun :)

I spend my time on three different servers now : 8.2.122.222:27015 (Gungame Dagger Server II), 63.251.20.51:27015 (the first server in the OP), and a new one:

CantStopGaming CS:S |NO BOTS|66tic|stats
74.52.229.163:27015
54 player max, ALMOST ALWAYS FULL. Map rotates often, and server plays lots of custom maps, so it's tough to get bored (especially with 54 people...). A lot of the regulars are pretty cool people, and are fun to play with. Make sure you have a good computer + connection before you enter the server, though, because when 8 nades go off all at the same time, you're probably not going to get very good FPS on an older machine.

Stas

Dec 31, 2004
[-Q-] servers a nice. I just started playing there a week or 2 ago. Ping gets to 45 when server is full.
I also like Amer1canGamer. But for some reason it's been empty all the time recently.
Any low ping, official maps, moderated, AWP restricted server is good. :)

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Stas
[-Q-] servers a nice. I just started playing there a week or 2 ago. Ping gets to 45 when server is full.
I also like Amer1canGamer. But for some reason it's been empty all the time recently.
Any low ping, official maps, moderated, AWP restricted server is good. :)

Yeah I have been playing a Q server for the past little while now (thanks microAmp!) and it has been great. Well-moderated and everyone seems to work pretty well together. Good stuff!

KT

Fardor

Aug 7, 2007
I guess this is why I was a big fan of Halo2 matchmaking.
As for good servers... I don't really know any. Don't play too much. Haven't found a server yet where the admins aren't obnoxious.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: namelessentity
What is with Gungame, Zombie servers and Office/Dust2? I know CS is getting old, but it so frustrating that no one plays ANYTHING besides this crap.
I wish Valve hadn't ruined Militia and Inferno. They focus way too much on visuals and objects and end up ruing the flow of the maps. I guess that's why no one wants to play anything besides Dust2 and office since they're the only maps that were ported accurately.

Anyone know of some normal west coast servers that just play CS:S without all the BS mods?

If you don't mind playing in a BIG server (a consistent 34-54 players at all hours), give main.cantstopgaming.com a try. CSG plays a lot of custom maps, and I know they have an inferno_original version (nighttime, clean visuals and more of the good stuff). You play each map for maybe 30 minutes, and there are a LOT of custom maps, so it's great fun.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
I haven't played for a year, but just took a couple of rounds today........ I definitely need some practice :p

microAmp

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2000
KeithTalent & Stas, what names do you use for CS: S? I'm just curious if I've seen you both on Office servers, I use Mal.

hypn0tik

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2005
If you guys like GG, try the Noob Refuge server.

connect 75.126.139.251:27015

The order is reversed i.e. start with the most powerful and work your way down (AWP -> Para -> Aug -> ... -> HE Grenade -> Knife). I find this way more fun because if you join halfway through, you can 'catch up' and it makes for more interesting game play. Nothing sucks more than joining to to find that you have a glock and everyone else has a p90.