Post your Cpumark99 scores

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Edgemeal

Dec 8, 2007
D:

Now you should work on making the data easier to collect:)

Right, I've done it in the past, its not too hard to do if everyone posts the needed data in the exact same format.

I just get a little annoyed when a benchmark thread doesn't collect any of the the data and display it in some meaningful way.:D

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Same here! Once I get my second rad on my 2500k loop, ill try to move up some ranks :D

Dont bump me down too far. Not sure if i can get 55x to boot :)

Must... Not... Try for 5GHz on stock cooler! D:

You'll throttle down most likely. My 2550k throttled at 4.8ghz 1.36v's with it during pre-testing. Figured it was worth swapping in my main rig and see what it would do under water. :)

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
4800mhz.JPG

And that's all she wrote. Any more, and I'm just begging to fry my chip.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I got 722 at 4.7 GHz. (Same 2500k as before) I love how non-intensive this benchmark is. I did all of my runs on the stock cooler. :biggrin:

4800mhz.JPG

And that's all she wrote. Any more, and I'm just begging to fry my chip.

With those temps you wouldn't fry your chip with this app. What kinda vcore did you need? The VID is what the chip is asking for. You could maybe get one more jump out of it. Just for this app's load of course :)

Here's what mine looked like running at 5ghz. the load from this app is pretty small. I use little LLC and have all energy stuff enabled still. I ran another instance of the app off to the side to get the vcore/load/temps.

50ghz_2550k.png

Tried for 55x last night. BSOD's at splash screen. Don't think my motherboard can hang too good up there. Didn't wanna crank the voltages so I threw in the towel....For now at least :)

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
I think I put 1.4 on the vcore, 1.04 on the PCH, and enabled PLL overvolting. (I don't know the exact voltage it was set to, my board doesn't let you set it)

Last edited:

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
4900MHz.JPG

1.45vcore, low vdroop, EIST off, PLL overvolting. I tried for 5GHz with 1.5vcore, but it wouldn't work.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
1.45vcore, low vdroop, EIST off, PLL overvolting. I tried for 5GHz with 1.5vcore, but it wouldn't work.

Your temps are up there now....Throw in the towel :)

You did get it bumped up a couple of notches at least. Not like your gonna run 24/7 with it at that speed. CPUmark99 is a light hitter anyways. IBT and your chip would have blown off the stock cooler :biggrin:

The app your using doesn't show your vcore only the VID. I think you would have to scroll down to see what the vcore is at running under the load.

I didn't have luck booting at 55x but don't have super duper LN2 cooling and the desire to explode my chip to see if it was possible.

Joseph F

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2010
Your temps are up there now....Throw in the towel :)

You did get it bumped up a couple of notches at least. Not like your gonna run 24/7 with it at that speed. CPUmark99 is a light hitter anyways. IBT and your chip would have blown off the stock cooler :biggrin:

The app your using doesn't show your vcore only the VID. I think you would have to scroll down to see what the vcore is at running under the load.

I didn't have luck booting at 55x but don't have super duper LN2 cooling and the desire to explode my chip to see if it was possible.

It does show the vcore, (not in view in the pic, though) I just didn't bother checking it.
The chip was getting up to 97C in the BIOS. D:
For some reason, the BIOS (EFI) is more stressful than running CPUMark99.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Went for some higher scores. Got my machine up to 5ghz @ 1.5v, ran the test:

0MtJI.jpg

5Ghz 769

Then I saw Kenmitch was beating me by one point with a score of 770. Booted into 5.1Ghz @ 1.54v.. :eek:
Mqbch.jpg

5.1Ghz 788

Doubt my system chip can go much higher and my motherboard also isn't that spectacular.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Went for some higher scores. Got my machine up to 5ghz @ 1.5v, ran the test:

0MtJI.jpg

5Ghz 769

Then I saw Kenmitch was beating me by one point with a score of 770. Booted into 5.1Ghz @ 1.54v.. :eek:
Mqbch.jpg

5.1Ghz 788

Doubt my system chip can go much higher and my motherboard also isn't that spectacular.

Nice try! I'll concede the lower slots

My highest and still #1 slot. Which isn't bad for a $160 red headed step child chip :)

54ghz_2550k.png

I think my chip was tapped at this run tho. 5.4ghz is crazy overclock :D

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Nice try! I'll concede the lower slots

My highest and still #1 slot. Which isn't bad for a $160 red headed step child chip :)

54ghz_2550k.png

I think my chip was tapped at this run tho. 5.4ghz is crazy overclock :D

Yeah I realized I had no chance of beating you once I noticed you also had the top slot with a 5.4ghz clock. That little chip is impressive.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yeah I realized I had no chance of beating you once I noticed you also had the top slot with a 5.4ghz clock. That little chip is impressive.

But you had fun while you thought you had a chance at least :D

Got lucky as hell when I got this one. Just wanted a temp chip to test a MB I got back from RMA. Figured with the $50 off microcenter facebook coupon it was a no brainer. Figured I could test the MB and then sell it as a combo and loose no money. Decided to give it a little workout to see what she would do. Was impressed so swapped into my main rig as it's water cooled. Was kinda shocked when I found out how good the chip clocks. Most people consider them as a defective 2500k and shy away from them.

Kinda strange how a 2550k booted a 2700k out of my rig :)

My 2700k was a good clocker but didn't need the raw power. Hated the way hyper-threading made my rig feel. Hard to explain but to me it feels choppy, kinda like what people say about micro-stutter. Must be those wanna be cores just can't hang.

Wound up selling the 2700k and my P8P67 Pro MB on craigslist today for $400 which gave me a net loss of around $20 or so which isn't bad for used parts!

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
E-450: 128 (running on batteries)
Lenovo X130e

I don't think it's performance is hurt by running on batteries, but noting it just in case it is a factor.

Edgemeal

Dec 8, 2007
I tested my older systems for the fun of it.
s754 Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2GHz (stock) - 249
s939 Athlon X2-4200+ @ 2.6GHz (236x11) - 305

Updated chart:
Removed duplicate CPUs from same user, show only high score.
CPUs posted as stock = turbo/default known speed as "xxxx *".
Posts without enough info are ignored.

Chart updated and moved to new post.

Last edited:

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
I have to update my score I changed processors.

On a i7 970 now will post a screenshot when i'm home.

Stayfr0sty

Mar 5, 2012
If you reallly want to compare results of single threaded benchie just super pi simple as that. Its what the hardcore/pro ocers use.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
If you reallly want to compare results of single threaded benchie just super pi simple as that. Its what the hardcore/pro ocers use.

This is a long term just to see the advancements in cpu technology that a couple of members have been using for years. It's more for them to see how much improvement comes with each generation.

If you read thru it you would have seen something like my P-90 scored 5.5pts :)

Although it's dated it still does give somewhat of a performance increase idea. Of course it doesn'a factor in the latest instruction sets but still serves some purpose.

grkM3

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2011
just tied the number 1 spot and going for gold now :)

53x102 with 1.605vcore load line set to 100% with 130% digi vrm over current and all phases set to extreme.

recordvf.jpg

Edit I have a backup score now too haha

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
just tied the number 1 spot and going for gold now 53x102 with 1.605vcore load line set to 100% with 130% digi vrm over current and all phases set to extreme.

Ouch....Did you spring for the insurance plan?

I'm toying around with my overclock today as it's cool outside and I'm off today :)

Just wound back up to 5.2ghz for a test run. Running this app my loaded vcore is @ 1.43v's so looks like I got some playing around room.

Off to Intel to purchase the insurance plan and then I'll see what I can come up with. Not sure if I'll juice it as high as you tho! Good chips are hard to come by and I'd hate to get a crappy replacement if needed.

Congrats on the score!

grkM3

Golden Member
Jul 29, 2011
iv been abusing this chip since launch and im not worried about frying it as im going to slap a ivy bridge in there pretty soon.

My max on this chip is 53x103 with an insane 1.625 unloaded vcore lol i dont even want to see where it goes when there is load on it with the 130% over current enabled,prolly hits 1.675 ish

My chip alaways needed more vcore but it made up for it in clockspeed on the back end.