Post the milestones here!

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
When I started to be a regular here @ DC AnandTech some years ago ;) most of the milestones were celebrated and some congrats-thread had 20 - 40 replies. Milestones were seen as a sign of dedication, computer savvy, stubborness and stick-to-it-iveness. Some of that has been lost, but not all. ;)
In this thread I would like all those who pass milestones to post their milestones. If someone sees a team mate passing a milestone he/she can post here too. All of those, who want to voice their congratulations can do so here. :cool:
Spacehead's thread also offers milestones, but there are very few congrats there. In the Folding@Home thread are milestones too. There are more congrats there ... :whiste:
Still, we do not have any regular congrats thread with all the milestones collected in one place....

In this way one does not have to feel embarrased to start a self-conratulatory thread ... :oops:

:thumbsup:

Edited title as requested...
Moderator Fullmetal Chocobo

Thanks for the help!Petrusbroder

Edited Title.

Last edited:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
So let us get off to a good start ;)

I have passed quite a few milestones today:
Boinc combined: ____ 40 000 000
Collatz Conjecture: _ 8 000 000
SIMAP: ______________ 1 600 000

I feel quite happy about that ... :D and about the milestones I passed past week: PrimeGrid and CPDN (2 millions each).

I'll do my best do crunch even more!

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Congrats on your milestones, Peter! :)

I just passed 45 million boinc combined!

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
65 million in F@H for me, almost 66 million, probably today. What milestones to I celebrate ?

djdave404

Aug 16, 2010
As someone new to DC. it has been a bit of a trial just to learn some of the lingo in the threads.:)

Seems like i feel a bit like an outcast, just joining the team two weeks ago or so.

Posting here i felt like the new replacements in the HBO series Band of Brothers. No one wanted to learn your name, because odd's are you will not be here long.

Well maybe theres good reason for that?...i don't know.

If some of you more experanced guys replyed to some of the new people's posts, even if your answer was a guess, it at least would be an educated guess.

In making the choice on what team to join, well it was not easy. All i knew was i wanted to join a team, not just a group of individuals ( if you know what i mean)

The learning curve can be a bit steep, what the best way is to gain points if thats your bag, or if your doing it for the sicence.

I started this, just to see how my OC held up at full load.

I read the news story about the sucess Einestine@home had, and i wanted to help as well.

But i can see where this can be a bit addicting.:)

I joined the Prime challange, to help the team, and shut down Einestine for the two days. for starting almost 20 hours late, i was quite proud of my finish of 102, and helping the team to a one better spot.

I was sad to see that i was one place from the bonus points tho...LOL

maybe a bit more involvement on the boards here, can work out to more of the team helping in the next challange?

Just my thoughts guys, nothing personal.

DJDave (BlackBox)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
I agree - and that is why I started this thread. A bit more involvement, a bit more support for those who crunch, not only those with less experience, but also to those more jaded ...
The learning curve is steep.
OTOH: here the people are friendlier than in many other places - very little if any flaming, very few personal attacs, mostly friendely answers.
OTOH: there is much less activity here than it was before. This place has changed a lot since 2003 - 2004: many are now out of college or university, working, have kids, some are in the 50:ies - 60:ies with responsability and not too mauch time.

And to encourage people to post and to support is the main reason to have this thread.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Congrats Markfw900, the Animal and djdave404 on your milestones! That is well crunched! :thumbsup:

I'd be congratulating myself to much :wub:

Depends on what milestone you post ... :whiste:
I see that your production has been unusually low during the past days- is all alright? Any probs?

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Congrats Markfw900, the Animal and djdave404 on your milestones! That is well crunched! :thumbsup:

Depends on what milestone you post ... :whiste:
I see that your production has been unusually low during the past days- is all alright? Any probs?

just moved... working on organizing and bringing things back up

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
I agree - and that is why I started this thread. A bit more involvement, a bit more support for those who crunch, not only those with less experience, but also to those more jaded ...
The learning curve is steep.
OTOH: here the people are friendlier than in many other places - very little if any flaming, very few personal attacs, mostly friendely answers.
OTOH: there is much less activity here than it was before. This place has changed a lot since 2003 - 2004: many are now out of college or university, working, have kids, some are in the 50:ies - 60:ies with responsability and not too mauch time.

And to encourage people to post and to support is the main reason to have this thread.

Yep, out of college in 2004 and have a couple of kids now. Hit some real life milestones along the way to 2010 for sure.

In Folding@Home I hit 6M recently and I'm trying for 7M by the year's end. I'll have contributed over 3M points this year if I make those goals.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Congrats to MarkFW, theAnimal. Golgatha for your milestones! :)

Dajeepster, you'll be posting daily on this thread!! Maybe even hourly! :biggrin:

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
Hey dj, hang in there rookie. Before you know it youll
have 10 or 15 thousand posts :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
mk has passed 60 million credits in BOINC combined during the past day.

Congratulations! :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Bradtech519 has passed the 3 Million milestone in BOINC combined during the past day.

Congratulations! :)

djdave404

Aug 16, 2010
Hey dj, hang in there rookie. Before you know it youll
have 10 or 15 thousand posts :)

Well me posting was not an issue.
Getting an responce from someone was my concern.

I finished up all the Big primegrid PSP LLR files yesterday, and i'm back to Einstine again. get my daily avg. back up again.

I wanted to run 12 at a time on my big machine before the race this Sept. 24. Just to see how it did, time it took, credit it was worth.

8 are still pending credit
3 have been credited, (8662.41 credit total for the 3)
Two of them were worth 3000.00 credits, one was 2662.41?
1 was errored out
took about 75.5 hours per task.

i see why this challange/race is going to be two weeks long.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Yeah. those PrimeGrid tasks are long, very long. And rewarding ... :)

BTW: Passed 2 million in AQUA@Home ... ;)(

bryanW1995

Lifer
May 22, 2007
Well me posting was not an issue.
Getting an responce from someone was my concern.

I finished up all the Big primegrid PSP LLR files yesterday, and i'm back to Einstine again. get my daily avg. back up again.

I wanted to run 12 at a time on my big machine before the race this Sept. 24. Just to see how it did, time it took, credit it was worth.

8 are still pending credit
3 have been credited, (8662.41 credit total for the 3)
Two of them were worth 3000.00 credits, one was 2662.41?
1 was errored out
took about 75.5 hours per task.

i see why this challange/race is going to be two weeks long.

do you oc or are you at stock? you shouldn't error out at all.

passed 18 million the other day, pushing hard for 20 soon.

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
1 was errored out.

Sometimes the error is at the project.

Go to your account at the project, select tasks, and at the top- select error.

Select the leftmost column of the task to see the error code.

Or, select the second from the left column to see how many times the task has been issued.

djdave404

Aug 16, 2010

passed 18 million the other day, pushing hard for 20 soon.

Over Clocked?, Yes
Every computer in the house is except for the HTPC .....:)
The big box is a i7 980x @4.0 and thats the one i tried it on.

the other big box is a i7 920 @3.4
if i had a better heat sink, this will run at 4.0 also. but it gets too hot for my taste at that clock with the stock heat sink that came from the 980x box.

Guess i need another Scythe SCMG-2000 Mugen 2 like i have on the 980x to get the job done. i have it set up with push/pull fans.

both are very stable now at these settings tho.

I lost power while doing them (the WU's), i guess i'm lucky all of them are not errored out.

Window AC and both computers above running on the same 15 amp circuit....Oop's!

right now, the AC is more important, so it's running as is the 980x.
cool weather will return to northern lower Michigan soon tho.

Then i can bring the 920 back on line. If i don't end up selling it.

djdave404

Aug 16, 2010
Sometimes the error is at the project.

Go to your account at the project, select tasks, and at the top- select error.

Select the leftmost column of the task to see the error code.

Or, select the second from the left column to see how many times the task has been issued.

Thanks Rudy..:)

- Unhandled Exception Record -
Reason: Out Of Memory (C++ Exception) (0xe06d7363) at address 0x76ACB727

So i think the power falure got it.
running 6 gig in the box, so i know thats not the problem.

Last edited: