Post the milestones here!

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
I guess I'll toot my tiny horn here. Finally hit 25,000 in Folding a few days ago.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Passed some milestones:

PrimeGrid: 40 millions
MilkyWay: 12 millions
DNETC.net: 25 millions
BOINC total: 160 millions

Next mile stone coming up:
AQUA: 10 millions (within two days)

I feel that the joy of passing a 10 millions points mile stone now is less - much less - than passing a 100 000 points mile stone was a year or two ago. The production of a million points a day is kind of staggering but it also gets so common ... :(

It took almost 4 years to crunch the first 20 millions, nowadays 20 millions takes 15 days ...

I know, this is a problem for only some of us: there are only 20 TeAm AnandTech crunchers with a RAC of over 50K and the vast majority produces less than 50K a day. But still: I kind of miss the feeling of accomplishment which was there before the advent of the GPU-centric projects.

I have decided to set a goal of 50 millions points on the GPU-centric number crunching projects (PrimeGrid, Collatz Conjecture, DNETC@home) and then quit. I'll focus on the biological projects: MalariaControl.net, SIMAP, WorldCommunityGrid, Folding@Home, Rosetta@Home and similar) and astronomy projects (MilkyWay, Einstein@Home, perhaps back to Seti@Home) and try the new projects (RNA@Home and others).

Last edited:

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Just passed my 1 million milestone in Rosetta@H. I have a feeling that a couple quad-cores will be added before I hit 2 million.

It would be nice to see better applied GPU-crunching from BOINC projects...at least for ATI, which is (mostly) about prime numbers.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
As WCG is the project of the month, and as Watson is donating some fraction of its Jeopardy winnings to WCG, I suppose I should start posting some badge milestones again.

Congrats to Ingleside, who yesterday earned an Emerald Badge in World Community Grid for 1 year of work on Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2!
hpf2_4.jpg

But I can't pass up PrimeGrid:
Congrats to BRIAN, who yesterday earned an amethyst badge in PrimeGrid, with over 2,000,000 cobblestones on Cullen/Woodall sieve!
gcwsieve_amethyst.png

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
As WCG is the project of the month, and as Watson is donating some fraction of its Jeopardy winnings to WCG, I suppose I should start posting some badge milestones again.

Congrats to Ingleside, who yesterday earned an Emerald Badge in World Community Grid for 1 year of work on Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2!
hpf2_4.jpg

But I can't pass up PrimeGrid:
Congrats to BRIAN, who yesterday earned an amethyst badge in PrimeGrid, with over 2,000,000 cobblestones on Cullen/Woodall sieve!
gcwsieve_amethyst.png

:cool::thumbsup:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Passed 50 million in Primegrid.
That was my personal goal. I'll finish the WUs I have and will then move on to the next goal ... probably DNETC.net or MilkyWay or CollatzConjecture ... to reach 50M.
For the CPU-applications I'll concentrate on biological projetcs - probably, but I will leave one or two crunchers on ClimatePrediction, Einstein@Home, DPAD, and some more ... you know, as backup projects, one core here and there.

I'll take part in the PrímeGrid Challenge series though.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Congrats to petrusbroder, who yesterday earned a Silver Badge in World Community Grid for 45 days of work on Computing for Clean Water!
c4cw_1.jpg

Congrats to biodoc, who yesterday earned a Bronze Badge in World Community Grid for 14 days of work on Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2!
hcmd2_0.jpg

(Technically, yesterday could be two days ago, as my computer was off the other night.)

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Congrats Petrusbroder! :thumbsup:

Just got a couple more of those badges on WCG.