Post the milestones here!

Page 105 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bphantom

Oct 9, 1999
Minimal dnetc.ini which a) sets your distributed.net ID (it's an e-mail address which you control), b) configures the client to download only OGR-28 work, not RC5-72 work. For RC5-72, better use GPUs and do it via Moo! Wrapper. (OGR-28 is not able to run on GPUs.)
INI:
[parameters]
id=abc@xyz.com

[misc]
project-priority=OGR-NG,RC5-72=0
(Replace abc@xyz.com with your actual distributed.net ID, obviously.)
Great write up @StefanR5R! To add on, I maintain the old TA DNET PPStats: TA DNET Stats which is updated every 15min for weekly OGR-28 and RC5-72 and every hour for all time. Everyone is welcome to use the TA DNET proxy, which can be enabled by setting the following in dnetc.ini:
Code:
[networking]
nofallback=true
autofindkeyserver=no
keyserver=*:2064;proxy.teamanandtech.com
If you have set your DNET nickname, the TA stats will automatically replace your email address after a few updates.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
Great write up @StefanR5R! To add on, I maintain the old TA DNET PPStats: TA DNET Stats which is updated every 15min for weekly OGR-28 and RC5-72 and every hour for all time. Everyone is welcome to use the TA DNET proxy, which can be enabled by setting the following in dnetc.ini:
Code:
[networking]
nofallback=true
autofindkeyserver=no
keyserver=*:2064;proxy.teamanandtech.com
If you have set your DNET nickname, the TA stats will automatically replace your email address after a few updates.
Thanks for the info, how do we set our nickname, did I miss it?

bphantom

Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for the info, how do we set our nickname, did I miss it?
Go to the DNET Stats page: https://stats.distributed.net/projects.php?project_id=28, enter in your email address and click the "Please email me my password". Your password will arrive in a few minutes and you will then be able to login and set your nickname. Once done, go to https://stats.distributed.net/team/tmsummary.php?project_id=28&team=10635 and click the "I want to join this team!" to join TA.

Great to see you on the proxy/ppstats!

Reactions: crashtech

Markfw

CPU Moderator, VC&G Moderator, Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 16, 2002
Nice! I thought I had a long runtime at over 227 years but you guys are just crazy! :)
over 1100 cores, so only a little over a year a core. But I usually only have about 300 running so, more like 5 years.

ASK THE COMMUNITY