Post the CUTEST things EVER! :)

Page 115 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
yw3v2elm9u451.jpg
Looks like she/he just had a bath and is still a bit damp, hehe.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I was looking in my personal digital journal 2 days ago and came upon an entry noting a conversation I had with a woman who was super into cats. I really like cats, but am hesitant to have pets because of the responsibilities.

She said it's really sad to have just one cat. The best way to do it is get a kitten at least 8 weeks old, preferably 12 weeks. Then let it imprint on you. Then get a 2nd kitten, also 12 weeks old. It will then imprint on the first kitten and it will notice that it's partner is imprinted on you and it will in turn imprint on you. They will have each other when you aren't around, much better situation.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
With cats one is more work than two or three, except for litter box. Start with a fish is good advice.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
With cats one is more work than two or three, except for litter box. Start with a fish is good advice.
Had GF that had a cat that died, got another. That one ran away and we couldn't find it. So, she went to the shelter and got another, that she decided to keep indoors, unlike the other. Then the other returned and there was a period of much jealousy. I think they finally got along OK.

My dad had a 20 gallon tropical fish tank in our family room which was a great source of pride for him. Of course, he tended it. I haven't had a single pet since leaving home. My dear dog died age two, had a habit of chasing cars. My parakeet was an equally sad story. My turtles always died young and look rather nasty IIRC when dead (maybe 2?). Our cats were ours, not mine. The subsequent dogs I didn't consider mine. I try to befriend cats that visit my yard but they have been generally skittish. I can't get within 10 feet of the one that's visited my yard pretty consistently for probably 7-10 years now.

I don't know. A fish sits there waving its fins. Moves, eats, gulps water. The idea does not thrill me. If I had a GF who wanted pets, I'd be all in. That's been my attitude. GF first!

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's not easy to get new borns to look truly human and peaceful, but those pictures sure do. Sleep helps!

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
It's not easy to get new borns to look truly human and peaceful, but those pictures sure do. Sleep helps!
Yeah the photographer was fantastic. She had specific instructions for us to follow the morning of the photoshoot. The shoot was at 8am and she told us to not feed him for at least an hour prior. So we did that and when she came we took family photos when he was awake and aware. Then she told us to feed him and we did, and he was immediately out. And then she could do her magic with him. She was at our house for over 2 hours doing all of this too.

He was like 17 days old in those pics if I remember correctly.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I don't recommend posting baby pictures on the internet for random strangers to see.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
We need more cute canine pics. Brother and sister. We have to keep them separated from the older pets for now so these young pups don't jump them and hurt them.

IMG_4038.jpg