Post some of the best websites/web designs you've seen

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Its been done a time or two before. People have posted some really cool websites.

So lets see some more. Post the best websites you've seen, be it for layout, context or animations/graphics.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Sc4freak
http://www.2advanced.com/

Looks pretty but is slow as fsck.

I personally don't like a lot of animations/flash. A good design consists of a good balance between eye-candy and function. Granted, that's a rather subjective topic, but I think 2advanced.com focused far too much on the aesthetics. Viewing static text should not be that much of an ordeal.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: jbourne77

I personally don't like a lot of animations/flash. A good design consists of a good balance between eye-candy and function. Granted, that's a rather subjective topic, but I think 2advanced.com focused far too much on the aesthetics. Viewing static text should not be that much of an ordeal.

You seem to have forgotten a link.....;)

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: jbourne77

You seem to have forgotten a link.....;)

I could be a smartass, but I won't ;) . I'm not THAT extreme when it comes to function vs. aesthetics.

I think several of the auto manufacturers' websites are good examples (Nissan USA). They provide a rich, visually stimulating experience without getting bogged down in Flash.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I prefer minimalist designs. They load faster. And animation? Unless I came to the site to see a movie, I'd prefer none at all.

uhohs

Diamond Member
Oct 29, 2005
Originally posted by: PingSpike
I prefer minimalist designs. They load faster. And animation? Unless I came to the site to see a movie, I'd prefer none at all.