Post recipes. . . something good. . .I'll fix one this evening!

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Made paella last night, always good and real easy.

Cut 2 boneless chicken thighs into bite sized pieces, season with paprika & salt. Cook in olive oil on medium high in heavy pan (big cast iron is good for this) till browned on all sides. Remove from pan.
Dice half large onion, 1 red pepper, 1 med tomato, 3 cloves minced garlic, sweat in leftover olive oil until soft.
Slice 4 chorizo links on the bias and throw in pan. Throw in some shrimp too if you want.
Add 2.5 cups chicken stock, bring to a boil.
Add 1.5 c good arborio rice & several saffron threads. If you can't get these, just grab 3 of those single serving Vigo brand saffron rice bags. Also add 1/4 cup olive oil.
Cook on medium for 20 minutes. DO NOT STIR. It will form a rice crust on the bottom and the liquid will be absorbed by the rice/cook off.
Turn off heat, add 1c defrosted frozen or fresh (DO NOT USED CANNED) green peas. Cover for 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.

You can also steam clams and/or mussels and add them with the peas.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
I'm fixing Buffalo chicken wings this evening. I'm cooking enough for three, but I'm going to eat them all by myself. I'm going to skillet fry the wings and will be having a buttery Frank's hot wing sauce to go with them.

Edit: I couldn't eat them all so I have a few for a snack later. Damn they were good!

Edit: So I went ahead and ate the rest. If I keep going I'm going to get fat. Ugghhh....

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I made falafels today. Not something you can whip up on a whim as most people won't have the ingredients on hand.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
We had "Spanish Rice" a couple of days ago... it's simple.

1 to 2 pounds Ground Beef (depending on how meaty you want it)
2 packages Liption Spanish Rice "sides"
Salsa
Cheese
Sour Cream

Brown the ground beef in a pan big enough to hold it as well as what is needed to prepare the rice. I use a large "chicken fryer" (basically a large frying pan with vertical sides and a lid)

When the ground beef is done add the rice, and prepare it as per the package directions.

Once the rice is done, give it all a good mix.

We top it with cheese, and serve the salsa and sour cream on the side... so we can add as much or as little as we want.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
oven safe pan, like brown tin size
1 can of biscuits
2 lbs ground beef
Tabasco sauce (if you like spicy)
BBQ sauce
shredded cheddar cheese.
seasoning - Garlic Powder for example.

open biscuits smoosh out into a flat layer and cover the bottom/sides of the pan
brown ground beef and add BBQ sauce & Tabasco, garlic powder is also good, or any seasoning you like on your beef.
spread meat over biscuit dough crust
sprinkle cheese on top of meat - as much or little as you want, can't really go wrong here.

bake @ 350 until biscuits are done, like 20'ish minutes (if I remember correct)

been awhile since I made this, but it's freaking GOOOOOD! I like spicy so I add a lot of Tabasco, but you can use just BBQ or even I suppose ketchup if that's your thing.