Post office screws up and brings me a package i have nothing to do with...

jakedeez

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2005
Okay - so I sell a bunch of stuff on ebay, and ship alot overseas. The mailman brings a box to my door, that looks like one I would ship, and says, they said to bring this back because it doesnt have a shipping label on it... taped to it is the "senders copy" of one of my shipping labels. However, that package tracks and was shipped, so they just confused it with someone elses package which had no label.

I didn't realize this however until I opened it today (got it yesterday)

It contains, a Qiagen Plasmid Mini Kit... which is some weird thing used to purify DNA for testing...

idk what to do with it, but its damn weird if you ask me... too bad they couldnt screw up and bring me something I want, or could sell...

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
Send it to someone else and maybe they too can commit a federal crime for opening a parcel that is not theirs.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: sygyzy
Send it to someone else and maybe they took can commit a federal crime for opening a parcel that is not theirs.

It's only a federal crime if it's addressed to someone else. This package wasn't even addressed.

Mark R

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why don't you use it for its specified purpose?

You're telling me you don't have the facilities for handling ultra-pure cosmid DNA in your kitchen?

You could, like, find a roach and experiment on it, and discover somethign amazing.

biggestmuff

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2001
As I wrote in this thread,

Nobody on this board gives a fusk about the delivery of anyone else's packages.

Note to all: Stop posting this shite!

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
as long as you didnt cut the "evidence" tape you should only get state time. :)

rambow

Banned
Dec 6, 2005
Originally posted by: biggestmuff

seems here like some people care, but no one knows what to do with it

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Take it to the PO and explain.

Yeah, but what is the PO going to do with it? It will probably sit in a back room somewhere for a few months then get thrown away or sent to government auction or whatever happens to the thousnads of packages that get lost every month.

You can't call the post office and expect them to answer the phone, and if you go in the people working there couldn't give a crap about helping you.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001

Nobody gives a sh1t what you have to say.

Note to biggestmuff: Stop posting period.

CTweak

Jun 6, 2000
I use these kits at the lab where I have my internship. It's used to clean DNA when you are running PCR's. They are not cheap either.

jakedeez

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2005
Originally posted by: CTweak
I use these kits at the lab where I have my internship. It's used to clean DNA when you are running PCR's. They are not cheap either.

Oh? How much? lol - I email qiagen...

jakedeez

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2005

Why would you post that? I mean, if you don't care, stay the hell out of the thread. How do you know, maybe someone here does care... so... I guess what I am trying to say is.... piss off.

newmachineoverlord

Jan 22, 2006
Ebay it, but be sure to label your auction correctly. It's probably worth almost $130. Try searching for "Qiagen" on ebay and froogle for comparison. Take better pics of the label for your auction too. Check the expiration date first, and state it clearly in the auction.

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jakedeez
Okay - so I sell a bunch of stuff on ebay, and ship alot overseas. The mailman brings a box to my door, that looks like one I would ship, and says, they said to bring this back because it doesnt have a shipping label on it... taped to it is the "senders copy" of one of my shipping labels. However, that package tracks and was shipped, so they just confused it with someone elses package which had no label.

I didn't realize this however until I opened it today (got it yesterday)

It contains, a Qiagen Plasmid Mini Kit... which is some weird thing used to purify DNA for testing...

idk what to do with it, but its damn weird if you ask me... too bad they couldnt screw up and bring me something I want, or could sell...

Google is your friend.

http://www1.qiagen.com/Products/Plasmid...ationSystem/QIAGENPlasmidMiniKit.aspx?

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
By the time you received the Qiagen package from USPS, the product inside has already been spoiled. We (research lab) order kits from Qiagens and they're usually delivered over night and stored at below room temperature (the fridge). What you have in your hands is a box of garbage.

Ps. Research labs don't buy kits from ebay.