Post of mine and some one elses disappears...WTH?

Discussion in 'Technical Forum Issues' started by sandorski, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sandorski

sandorski No Lifer

Thread http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=235489#post34252558

Someone Necro'd this thread, someone(can't recall whom) posted that it was a Necro, I posted disappointment in the Necro not realizing it was such until reading the Post pointing it out.

40 or so minutes pass, I open User CP to look at my Subcriptions, the thread shows up as having new Posts, I go to read and see a new post, except the Necro Post, the Post saying it's a Necro, and my post in response of the Necro callout are all gone.

Has there been a Moderation change or something? Never have seen this kind of thing before, without some kind of Notification anyway.

2. olds

olds Elite Member

You're not paying attention then

3. sandorski

sandorski No Lifer

That could very well be.

4. VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry Lifer

Wait, so mods are just "disappearing" posts now? That kind of disturbs me. (unless it's an obvious spam with a link to some site.)

5. ViRGE

ViRGE Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus

Larry, there's nothing new here as far as policy goes. When people respond to spam and or necros, we'll usually remove it to fully mitigate the harmful effects (be it advertising or just confusing the heck out of posters who still can't be bothered to read the date). We've done this for years now.