Possibly the Greatest Car to be linked with Ford?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: boyRacer
Originally posted by: Homerboy
How can you not consider the GT40 the coolest/greatest car ever associated with Ford?!

Because no one knew what the hell a GT40 and what it did until Ford made the GT... :(

You mean YOU did not know what the GT 40 was...

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
How can you not consider the GT40 the coolest/greatest car ever associated with Ford?!

Because no one knew what the hell a GT40 and what it did until Ford made the GT... :(

Why do you say that?
rolleye.gif
I wasnt speaking for myself... :p

Shivatron

Apr 9, 2003

Why do you say that?
rolleye.gif

Well, I mean, the legacy of the GT40 is quite well known. If you've never heard of the GT40, I'd suggest that you didn't know very much about cars; just as I would if you said you didn't know what a Porsche 356 was (or some other famous car that is relatively unseen, these days).

Not that I'd compare the GT40 to a 356, just making an analogy.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Atticu5

Why do you say that?
rolleye.gif

Well, I mean, the legacy of the GT40 is quite well known. If you've never heard of the GT40, I'd suggest that you didn't know very much about cars; just as I would if you said you didn't know what a Porsche 356 was (or some other famous car that is relatively unseen, these days).

Not that I'd compare the GT40 to a 356, just making an analogy.

Well that's what I wanted to know... what did i say that made him think I didn't know what the GT40 was... if anything... id appreciate the GT40 more over the new GT. I'm a big F1 and LeMans fan... stupid enough to wake up at 4 in the morning just to watch the damn thing live... or stay up until whatever time SpeedTV cuts off their LeMans 24 Hours coverage... and being a Ferrari fanboy... a GT40 would be very familiar. ;)