How To Possible to change motherboard without reinstalling Windows 7?

Panino Manino

Jan 28, 2017
I want to give thanks again to the Anandtech community for the help they gave in the old thread: https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...efuses-to-install-in-new-motherboard.2498101/

Unfortunately that mobo was burned by a lighting.
I thought about buying the same model, but I can't find that one anymore, not even another one with the same A55 chipset, I only have A68 motherboards available to buy so maybe what I want isn't possible.
I already know that when I switch the mobo Windows 7 will not start, but using recovery mode from a bootable image is possible to perform that "sysprep" routine that resets the drivers to make the new mobo work and be able to install the new drivers? Or there isn't really no way to do this without preparations before hand?

Is really important to me to have access and recover the same installation so I want to do everything I can before thinking about resorting to any other alternative.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I have changed motherboards many times on Windows 7, 8, and 10 without reinstalling the operating system with no ill effects. Even from AMD CPU Motherboard to an Intel CPU Motherboard.

Reactions: RLGL

Panino Manino

Jan 28, 2017
I have changed motherboards many times on Windows 7, 8, and 10 without reinstalling the operating system with no ill effects. Even from AMD CPU Motherboard to an Intel CPU Motherboard.

It's really that simple? Just a matter of pressing F8 at boot and entering Safe Mode? Hard to believe.