Possible LA Fitness Deal $499 3yrs $149 renewal SoCal - Los Angeles

Sobe

May 13, 2002
I have a co-worker who knows someone who works at LA Fitness and is willing to negotiate a deal before their Month End close. He is willing to ask the owner for a package competitive to that of the 24Hour Fitness deal.

Here's the details:
16 People required for a 3years prepaid $499 and $149 renewal after. Sign up will be in LA area. This is for any location. Here's a description from their website:

Premier Easy Start Individual Membership
This membership is good for individual use at any club in your state of enrollment. Personal training, use of racquetball courts, towel service, and Kids Klub (babysitting) are not included in this membership, but may be available for an additional fee.

Please email me at lafitnessdeal@yahoo.com if you are interested and your level of interest. Like I said, they want to deal before month end which means Monday unfortunately. I wanted a definite rate before I presented this to you guys and he wanted a definite answer that I can actually get 16 people together before he can request a deal from his boss. So, we are kind of in the same boat.

Let me know what you guys think.

Edit: The LA Fitness guy just called my co-worker back and said the deal is for $499 prepaid 3 years and $149 yearly renewal after but we need to complete this by Month End Monday. My goal is to get atleast 16 people willing to definitely make this deal happen. Please email me at lafitnessdeal@yahoo.com if you are interest (no personal information at this time, just want a head count).

Packy

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2001
People really pay this much to work out? Wow. I'm not saying this isn't hot, I'm just saying it's a lot of money! I prefer to lift free weights and go running. Just my opinion, of course!

:)

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Packy
People really pay this much to work out? Wow. I'm not saying this isn't hot, I'm just saying it's a lot of money! I prefer to lift free weights and go running. Just my opinion, of course!

:)

Yes, but the scenery isn't the same ;)

az4dan

Nov 23, 2002
um. very hot but not really at the same time. normal rates are about $20/mo -> $240/yr
the 149 renewal probably for 1 more year is not bad but... uh... $499 to dish out at one time is just too crazy.

sat4fun

May 29, 2002
Prepay for fitness club = bad idea. Kiss your cash good bye. These places come and go.

So SimpaL

Jan 13, 2000
Originally posted by: az4dan
um. very hot but not really at the same time. normal rates are about $20/mo -> $240/yr
the 149 renewal probably for 1 more year is not bad but... uh... $499 to dish out at one time is just too crazy.

20/month isn't bad.

what makes LA fitness different than 24hr. besides the hours?

vectorz

Mar 1, 2002
Originally posted by: sat4fun
Prepay for fitness club = bad idea. Kiss your cash good bye. These places come and go.

Hmmm.. not that I'm aware of. LA Fitness, Bally's, and 24 Hour Fitness has been around a LOOOOOONG time.

vectorz

Mar 1, 2002
Originally posted by: So SimpaL
Originally posted by: az4dan

20/month isn't bad.

what makes LA fitness different than 24hr. besides the hours?

Most of the 24 hour fitness that I've been to have ghetto equipment. Like rocks and boulders and branches.

SgtZulu

Banned
Sep 15, 2001
For the price of this membership you could buy a decent home gym set without getting covered in sweat from strangers.

luckyduck

May 30, 2003
Sobe,

My friends and I are interested. Are you still looking for people? I sent you an email.

jjyiz28

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2003
i paid prepay 526 for 2 years, and 99 for renewal year afterwards for 24hr fitness. this is better deal longterm. its quality where i go, no BB courts or raquetcourt but weightroom is top notch. so far for 6 months, have been going there 5-7 days a week.
its a waste if u never ever ever worked out before, but if you know you'll do it , its saves plenty of money.

lakewood, CA

AgentUnknown

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Hi. Got a school discount for being a grad student. $100/year at LA Fitness. The deals are there, you just have to find the right one.

? (=Þ)

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
you can negotiate family deals with 24 hour fitness... I paid around $480-500 for 3 years (it was around $2000 for 4 people), good at any 24 hour fitness in so cal except the ones w/ valet parking (the high premium ones), and i renew at $100/year thereafter.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
i was big into fitness, these LA Fitness centers are popping up everywhere here in south florida.

Now to the naysayers about fitness centers:

1) not everyone can fit a gym or even a weightbench into there place...esp ultra yuppies :)

2) for many (see #1) $499 even for 1 year is a steal to them, esp when they are paying $3k a month for a studio ;)

3) where else can you easily arrange a 'workout' after your workout? :D

At one time (when I was about 190 and less than 10% bodyfat) I was a member of three gyms....one by my office, one by the beach, and one by my home.

I have always been all business when I am working out but once I was straddled by a rather fine (yet scary aggressive) chick on a leg machine and although I was married at the time I was having major thoughts of taking her up on the offer. If you have a girl at home like that then by all means get the home gym ;)

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
one other thing...many times you can jump on a corporate membership plan....the way these work is that a company can provide them x amount of memberships and they can offer a better price. These are all sold to a financing company that makes a cut so its a win-win situation for the club.

Something like 50% of all memberships are only used the first two months.

all168

May 16, 2001
Did u guys check FW lately? one of their guy got a very good deal few days ago, don't know if they still offering the same price. It was $635 for the first 3 years and $20 annual fee after 3 years.

INGlewood78

Dec 22, 2002
This is a nice deal...LA fitness generally is more expensive than 24hrs. Although in So Cal, their locations are not as plentiful...their facilities are really nice. I have a 24hrs All Sports membership...around 600 for 3 years..$99/yr renewal. You can't really compare having a home gym to actually going to a facility. One reason why I go on a regular basis is because of all the nice eye candy!!! Anyways...Im sure you can get a similar deal to this at 24hrs or Ballys if you came in 16 people togther to sign up!!!

all168

May 16, 2001
I am sorry, FW has a discount price for 24hr fitness, but this topic is talking LA fitness.

Showtime

Platinum Member
Jun 16, 2002
My brother and I paid like $800 for 3 years to 24 hours FF and renew for $70 a year.
Its the all gym mem and its really conveinent cuz they are everywhere in So Cal.

-show