Possible hd8000 specs and die sizes

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
I hope they are paying you well-

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_geforce_gtx650ti/

7870 overclocked fails to match your claim, and it certainly isn't a $20 price difference. Seriously man, Rollo wouldn't have been that much of an ignorant shill for what nV was giving him so I hope you are being rewarded quite handsomely.

I'll end up owning all of the consoles as I do every generation. I know, you frothing at the mouth paid shills have a hard time comprehending things like that, but people who aren't puppets at the end of a corporate string don't simply do what they are told.

Next time read the links you provide.

He clearly stated there was a $20 difference at the time. Not today. The performance numbers he stated are shown below even from your link you obviously didn't bother reading.

7870 flex/650 ti

40/21 (90%) stock
43/25 (72%) overclocked

81/51 (59%)
86/60 (43%)

48/32 (50%)
52/40 (30%)

36/20 (80%)
40/24 (67%)

86/56 (54%)
92/66 (39%)

.. You get the point, I'm not going to bother further.

On the other hand I partially agree with some points you have had (crappy overpriced generation) but the facts RS posted appear pretty dang accurate and can easily be verified.

Last edited:

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
What does this have to do with HD 8000 rumoured specifications and die sizes?

Then what is this?

Got proof that RS is an AMD shill?Knives and pitchforks without evidence?

Comparing a poster to Rollo or calling them a shill is the ultimate insult and is uncalled for since RS used to praise the 680 at one time and recommended it too.

But if you go up against these Nvidia lovers you are alleged to be part of some AMD funded shill group :\.Without any evidence too.

HD 8000 spec rumours are going to be flying and a lot of them will be proven to be crap.

Dual standards?

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
I hope they are paying you well-

Seriously man, Rollo wouldn't have been that much of an ignorant shill for what nV was giving him so I hope you are being rewarded quite handsomely.

Please don't throw around those kind of accusations unless you have proof of it. It drags the forum down even further.

You have claimed to only attack post content, but clearly in this case you resorted to personal attacks.

Lonbjerg

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
I should not have responded to his post but you Nvidia loyalists derail threads like crazy anyway.

Got anything to say about the HD 8000 series' rumours?

I see more offtopic posts from you than me in this topic...care to revise your statement?

NIGELG

Nov 4, 2009
I see more offtopic posts from you than me in this topic...care to revise your statement?
Like I said I should not have responded to his post.I am also guilty of it.

Got anything to say about AMD HD 8000 series?

The Alias

Aug 22, 2012
off topic : who is this rollo guy ?
on topic : r.s already proved those rumors false so why is the discussion still going ?

BenSkywalker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Next time read the links you provide.

He clearly stated there was a $20 difference at the time. Not today. The performance numbers he stated are shown below even from your link you obviously didn't bother reading.

Maybe I should read my link, maybe I should even find out what I'm talking about since RS clearly and repeatedly stated the 7850 was 60% faster then the 650Ti and the link I provided shows the 7870 failing to hit that mark.

I have to admit to failing to read about the 7870 ever being $20 more then the 650Ti, could you go ahead and link that up? :)

Honestly, go cry elsewhere with your "if you don't support nvidia, you hate gaming" nonsense.

Instead of ignorantly flipping off at the gums, link up when I said nVidia released anything so much as *acceptable* this generation. Why don't you try and do that. Good luck, I've been pretty adamant about what a steaming pile this generation has been from nVidia *and* AMD. The difference is that the AMD focus group members get all sorts of upset and start lengthy arguments about it, team green boys don't :)

nforce4max

Oct 5, 2012
yes the hell it does ! haven't you read R.s's ridiculously detailed posts illustrating what happened in the 5800, 280, and 480 generations where in each gen nvidia was slacking SEVERELY in a truly relevant metric yet still garnered more sales ?
Even in this gen, there were only three months where the 680 was a better choice than the 7970 (even then the 7970 had bitcoin mining to still make it a worthwhile purchase) out of a total of almost twelve and guess who still sold more . and the reason why is marketing . come on man you know better than to think that .

Nvidia is like Apple, the brand is worth more than the product.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Nvidia is like Apple, the brand is worth more than the product.
said the man named nforce4max :D

i don't suppose AMD is going to ditch GCN for a new architecture after just 1 generation so i don't expect any major architectural change that'll bring huge performance gains in the 8XXX series. i think we can expect the kind of gain seen in the move from 5XXX to 6XXX series, but nothing like the move from 6XXX to 7XXX obviously since there is no node progress.

Kippa

Dec 12, 2011
Do you think that the top of the range single card HD 8000 will have more than 3gb of ram? Even if they could, would they do it because that would significantly increase the cost of the card and make it harder to be competitive?

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Do you think that the top of the range single card HD 8000 will have more than 3gb of ram? Even if they could, would they do it because that would significantly increase the cost of the card and make it harder to be competitive?

I don't think the reference version will be more than 3gig. Just like with the 7970, I think you'll be able to buy a 6gig version. Unless Sapphire's models just didn't sell this generation.