Possible Gas Price Strategy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Why do I get the feeling this wasn't even done by someone stupid and lacking economic sense? I get the distinct impression this is someone just directly trying to hurt Exxon/Mobile, to short the stock or something.

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
I only fill up at Shell. Its always 3 cents cheaper than the mobil across the street. I don't care if its diluted, indian holy water...it gives me the same gas mileage at a lower price. Plus I always call the shop guy Apu even though thats not his name...he doesn't seem to mind or know what i'm talking about.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
I swear every year they say the price is going to top $3.00 and it hasnt yet. Though I only buy gas on mondays or tuesdays... seems they bump the prices 20 cents around the weekend. Friggen price gougers!

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
The funny thing is if gas prices were reduced to $1.30 in CA people would be bitching about "OUT OF GAS" signs at gas stations instead of high prices.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: fyleow
The funny thing is if gas prices were reduced to $1.30 in CA people would be bitching about "OUT OF GAS" signs at gas stations instead of high prices.

And, there'd be twice as many SUV's on the road. I switched vehicles because of the price of gas, I'm sure I'm not alone. (I don't like to pay $5 a day for gas to go to and from work. $10 a week is much nicer)

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
Originally posted by: BillGates
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Originally posted by: Cuda1447
Better idea, lets get Bush and his oil regime out of office.

um, what does Bush have to do with this?

His whole families in the Oil industry... think about it...

Please search for my topic from last month letting people know that George Bush isn't the cause of all that is wrong in the world. I'm neutral as far as he goes but know better than to blame him for everything. That's just ignorant.
Yup. People blame Bush for everything, whether it's his fault or not, like they do any President. 'Get him out, get another one in'. Like the next President is going to be *the* perfect president, solving all the nation's problems. I can really see Bush sitting around planning how high he should raise gas prices.