Question Possible bottlenecks on my system ? Need some opinions ! - AMD R7 system

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
Hello folks !

I have been building PCs since i was 13, but this may be the best build i have built in my entire history of building.

any how, i am trying to make sure there are no bottlenecks on this system, and want to see if my baseline specs point out anything

I use the PC for Flight Simulator and DCS for games

Specs are
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- MSI MAX X570 Tomahawk
- 16GB DDR4 - CPUZ shows as 1333mhz - latency details - FSB DRAM 3:40 CAS CL 20 - tRCD 19 tRP 19 tras 43 tRC 62 CR 1T XMP enabled
- Geforce RTX 2070 SUPER
- 1TB WD NAND NVME SSD
- 700w gold rated PSU

System is currently not OC. I have not been able to get the correct settings to OC the CPU and the RAM correctly for better performance. Anyone have anything to point out on this setup that may be a bottle neck ? i have attached a CPUZ screenshot for memory details.

any help would be appreciated ! Thanks !

Attachments

• mem.JPG
    mem.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 7

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
What cooler are you using for the 5800X? That will dictate if you can OC your CPU.

A helpful video for undervolting your CPU using PBO -
And for enabling XMP on MSI -

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
What cooler are you using for the 5800X? That will dictate if you can OC your CPU.

A helpful video for undervolting your CPU using PBO -
And for enabling XMP on MSI -

Stock HSF - Cooler Master RGB one.

So undervolting is better to OC ?

Also on my MB, somehow virtualization is disabled too...no idea how to enable

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Stock HSF - Cooler Master RGB one.

So undervolting is better to OC ?

Also on my MB, somehow virtualization is disabled too...no idea how to enable
The 5800X has been known to be a little more difficult to keep cool. If you are hitting the thermal limits it will throttle. Do you have something like HWInfo that you can use to monitor CPU temps? Undervolting will help lower the temps on the CPU, allowing it to boost higher.

compguy786

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
The 5800X has been known to be a little more difficult to keep cool. If you are hitting the thermal limits it will throttle. Do you have something like HWInfo that you can use to monitor CPU temps? Undervolting will help lower the temps on the CPU, allowing it to boost higher.

Ill run geekbench today and see how it does. I have used speedfan in the past so may try that again. The system does cross 4.4GHZ easily on turbo boost etc.