Possible BF3 info leaked!!!

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Well that's why I said what I said. ETQW is like BF2, because the factions are the same.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: GundamSonicZeroX
Fuck Battlefield.

Don't hold back Tell us how you really feel. ;)

Actually any after the BF42 series they can suck on my ass.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
as long as there is no cone of fire, bf is a solid series. 2142 is one dope game. does a lot of things right cod4 does not IMO, even though cod4 is a good game.

i do wish the unlocks did not take so long to get, that is lame.

but the gameplay is tight in 2142, maps are good, though not enough infantry maps, but the sizes are great and the fighting is just nuts.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Well, besides ETQW, which I don't want to play because it bores me, and TF2 which I don't think is deep enough, what else is there?

There's FFOW and OF2, both of which come out in 2008. BF3 comes out in 2008.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
I don't think the fact that a BF3 is being made is inherently bad. The execution of BF3 is more important, will they learn from all the mistakes? Will they provide more maps and more game modes/items out the door than they did with BF2? Will the hacks and exploits be addressed?

They could handle this like a Madden refresh or they could handle this like a sequel, depending on which path they choose will decide whether it will be an insult or not.

bob4432

Lifer
Sep 6, 2003
Originally posted by: TehMac
Well, besides ETQW, which I don't want to play because it bores me, and TF2 which I don't think is deep enough, what else is there?

There's FFOW and OF2, both of which come out in 2008. BF3 comes out in 2008.

i have been messing around inside the beta of ffow and imho i think it will be the game that takes over for the people that played and like bf2 up until they patched it too hell and screwed it all up and those who liked dc.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
I think, upon further reflection, that a game is a game, and ultimately, it's not so much about advertising money, because in many magazines, for example, that tends to be a separate affair. So really, as long as it is fun, and has what I want, I'm cool with it.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: skace
I don't think the fact that a BF3 is being made is inherently bad. The execution of BF3 is more important, will they learn from all the mistakes? Will they provide more maps and more game modes/items out the door than they did with BF2? Will the hacks and exploits be addressed?

They could handle this like a Madden refresh or they could handle this like a sequel, depending on which path they choose will decide whether it will be an insult or not.

Just as long as the Claymore trip radius is under a mile.