POS Chuck Schumer sneaks gun legislation into Cybersecurity bill

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
You do realize both sides do this for almost every bill? Why the outrage over this particular instance?

I seem to recall the GOP doing something even more ridiculous a week or so ago.. something related to abortion they tried to tack on to a bill having nothing to do with that at all.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
OMG I will have to swap out clips after only 10 shots when I go on a mass killing spree?
That's unconstitutional.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I noticed they made an exception for rimfire . . . . if you look at statistics aren't the most deaths per year from 22's?

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
and it doesn't apply to agencies of federal or state governments or retired officials from such agencies. WTF is that?!?!?!

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I saw a news story on it on the RT cable channel sure their commentary shows lean left but the news broadcasts are actually the best outside of PBS newshour and BBC world news on PBS.

It is a dick move no matter who does it. Unfortunately the legislature is even more polarized than the general public so people of all political persuasions are no doubt tempted to do it.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
There just had to be a political non-solution there. Don't let a crisis go to waste.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
OMG I will have to swap out clips after only 10 shots when I go on a mass killing spree?
That's unconstitutional.

Clip_vs_mag1.jpg

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I noticed they made an exception for rimfire . . . . if you look at statistics aren't the most deaths per year from 22's?

That's because Schumer, like most anti-gun zealots, is an ignorant piece of shit and doesn't know anything about firearms.

Are all the republicians who sneak legislation into unrelated bills POSes as well?

Why yes, they are.

Hmmm, seems a few anti-gunners were making the comment that gun people are always worried about new gun laws? Hmmmm, I wonder why?

Last edited:

Gardener

Nov 22, 1999
You do realize both sides do this for almost every bill? Why the outrage over this particular instance?

I seem to recall the GOP doing something even more ridiculous a week or so ago.. something related to abortion they tried to tack on to a bill having nothing to do with that at all.

You do realize that the OP is a druggist who bitches about the commie plot forcing him to throw contaminated waste into a separate bag....

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I bet the Obama camp is a bit pissed at Schumer at the moment. Gun control is a losing issue and most Dems have figured that out.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
wow, because this gun law would be a crippling blow to the 2nd amendment, and a major pain in the ass to all the law-abiding citizens of the world....start of the slippery slope and all that stuff....err...wait...

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
right Xjohn, he's an ignorant POS that wants to take your guns away...right?

"“Maybe we could come together on guns if each side gave some,” Schumer said.

He suggested that Democrats make it clear that their goal is not to repeal the Second Amendment.

“The basic complaint is that the Chuck Schumers of the world want to take away your guns,” Schumer said of the argument made by gun lobbies. “I think it would be smart for those of us who want rational gun control to make it know that that’s not true at all.”

Schumer also pointed out that it would be reasonable for the right to recognize that background checks on those buying guns is necessary — as called for in the Brady law. He also said average Americans don’t need an assault weapon to go hunting or protect themselves.

“We can debate where to draw the line of reasonableness, but we might be able to come to an agreement in the middle,” Schumer said. “Maybe, maybe, maybe we can pass some laws that might, might, might stop some of the unnecessary casualties … maybe there’s a way we can some together and try to break through the log jam and make sure the country is a better place.”"

You better stock up now!!!!!

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

He suggested that Democrats make it clear that their goal is not to repeal the Second Amendment.

“The basic complaint is that the Chuck Schumers of the world want to take away your guns,” Schumer said of the argument made by gun lobbies. “I think it would be smart for those of us who want rational gun control to make it know that that’s not true at all.”

Schumer also pointed out that it would be reasonable for the right to recognize that background checks on those buying guns is necessary — as called for in the Brady law. He also said average Americans don’t need an assault weapon to go hunting or protect themselves.

“We can debate where to draw the line of reasonableness, but we might be able to come to an agreement in the middle,” Schumer said. “Maybe, maybe, maybe we can pass some laws that might, might, might stop some of the unnecessary casualties … maybe there’s a way we can some together and try to break through the log jam and make sure the country is a better place.”"

You don't seem to understand that like previous "bans" it will do nothing but inconvenience law-abiding shooters. For one thing there are literally hundreds of millions of high capacity magazines already out there, second, it will grandfather all existing ones, and lastly,the big one, it will do absolutely NOTHING to stop shootings like this one ....nothing. It is just pointless, knee-jerk bullshit, and the anti-gun crowd laps it up like good little dogs.

the DRIZZLE

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2007

I had slightly different interpretation of the clip. He basically said that yeah, liberals kinda sorta didn't really believe in the second amendment in the past and that the Republican's might not have been crazy to think we were trying to slowly ban guns by ever stricter gun control. But now we totally believe in the second amendment so lets all be reasonable and compromise. Of course that's a convenient thing to say now that the SC has endorsed the Conservative interpretation of the second amendment.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
" it will do nothing but inconvenience law-abiding shooters." Cry me a river.

Agree with you that it's a knee-jerk reaction - but at least it's a reaction.

How many people have to die every day at the hands of a gun before we at least try to do something?

Note that I'm not at all calling for a repeal of the 2nd amendment - but the NRA reaction of "no problem, nothing to see here"....how long are you ok with that answer?

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
" it will do nothing but inconvenience law-abiding shooters." Cry me a river.

Congratulations, you are now on the "useless idiot list".

Agree with you that it's a knee-jerk reaction - but at least it's a reaction.

Gee, he could have jumped off a bridge, that would have been a reaction too. Doing the wrong thing just to do something is as fucking stupid as it gets.

How many people have to die every day at the hands of a gun before we at least try to do something?

GUNS AREN'T THE PROBLEM. Until you morons get that nothing will ever change. A gun didn't make that lunatic walk into a theater and kill people. He could have just as easily walked in with a pipe bomb and killed more people.

Gardener

Nov 22, 1999
Congratulations, you are now on the "useless idiot list".

GUNS AREN'T THE PROBLEM. Until you morons get that nothing will ever change. A gun didn't make that lunatic walk into a theater and kill people. He could have just as easily walked in with a pipe bomb and killed more people.

Lunatics with guns are a problem. +1