Porter Cable 20v impact driver

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
Shows up $149.00 for me so I'm guessing the deal is dead. That was an AWESOME deal if you got it for $59.60. I certainly hope it goes through for you. From what I've read, the Porter Cable impact driver is probably their closest "pro grade" tool followed closely by the drill. Most of the other tools don't seem to get much attention or praise. Enjoy your impact driver! They are fun to use. :)

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
The link still says $59.60 until 5-17, Lowes called me around 6pm saying it was ready for pickup. Here is the first page I see when I look for cordless drivers. Maybe people can use the image and get the deal.

Capture_7.png

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
It looks like it's being discontinued at brick & mortar stores, in which case the price will vary widely among different regions and/or stores. Is it showing as available for "parcel delivery" with your local store selected as "your store" on the website? It's showing a price of $149 when most of my local stores are selected as "my store" but is in fact unavailable at all but a very few (and is unavailable for "parcel shipping" when any of them is selected or at any price). At the very few stores anywhere in the metro NYC area that have any at all in stock (and none has more than 2 of them), it's showing up at $104, but is only available for store pick-up or local truck delivery.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
It looks like it's being discontinued at brick & mortar stores, in which case the price will vary widely among different regions and/or stores. Is it showing as available for "parcel delivery" with your local store selected as "your store" on the website? It's showing a price of $149 when most of my local stores are selected as "my store" but is in fact unavailable at all but a very few (and is unavailable for "parcel shipping" when any of them is selected or at any price). At the very few stores anywhere in the metro NYC area that have any at all in stock (and none has more than 2 of them), it's showing up at $104, but is only available for store pick-up or local truck delivery.

Now its not even showing up, so looks like a blowout, the next model the PCCK647LB shows at $129, mine before the sale was always showing at $119.20. If I use my link in my pickup email, I see it and its the $59.60 price, cant be shipped and now in my area only Anaheim has one. Clicking on other stores also changes the price, highest doing that is $129.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Got the item, already finished my project I bought it for, so if you can find one, the deal is legit, of course finding one may now be an issue.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
North Eastern Pa. Got the last one at that particular store. Were 3 more at another store about 40 minutes away.
Thanks. It comes as no great surprise, but I guess I'm just SOL for this, being smack in the middle of the in NYC metro area...

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Mine got returned, it was pretty obvious I got a used one. Opened up the case, dog hair inside of it, no bag on the tool, the cable didn't have a twist tie. The battery on the drill didn't work so I swapped to the other, tried to charge the one battery, it was bad, the other was fine. Not sure if I will buy another, I see one in stock I can drive and pick up, if my gate wasn't done, then I would for sure go get it.

Cardio

Jun 11, 2003
Recently bought one of these with the matching Drill. They were supposed to be refurbs but came in original boxes and appear brand new. $89 (made offer) free shipping Ebay. Have used them a lot and they are very good. Seller "CPO". "Drill Driver Combo" Full warranty. Come with 2 batts, charger, carry bag.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Another update. I ended up getting another after all, deal was too good to pass up. I did some looking at other stores online, found some in Moreno Valley, about 40 miles away. I called and spoke to someone who confirmed they had 4, but they were listed at $119.20. Drove out there with the picture of the price online, was told they don't match that, since its online its different price wise, nothing I haven't heard before from other companies. What the guy said he would do and what I had to do was buy it at $119, then go to the store that has it at $59.60 to either get the difference back, or return it then buy it at the lower price.

I agreed I would do that, if it didn't work out I would just return it for a full refund, he ended up not making me do that and gave me the proper price I was seeing, but like other have said, different stores have them priced differently. This one I got has a newer charger, a soft case over a hard case and it wasn't a used unit, so in the end I got what I wanted at the price of $59.60, plus tax. Both batteries seem to be fine, proper packaging etc also.

Reactions: jcwagers