Portal Stories: MEL (Portal 2 mod)

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
A fan-made mod/expansion for Portal 2 was recently released on Steam.

Portal Stories: Mel

Portal Stories: Mel is a community made, free modification for Portal 2 based in the Portal universe. It tells the story of Mel, who meets a new personality core and faces an undiscovered threat to the Aperture facility.​

I've only played a little bit but the production value looks good for a free/fan-made mod. The puzzles are harder than those in P2 (not a bad thing). I guess my Portal skills are rusty....I was stumped by the second puzzle for a while. :\

Last edited:

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Yeah, I started messing around with this a few hours ago. I was stuck on the first real puzzle for awhile. I remember all the mechanics, but not really how to apply them. Part of it is I think I am overthinking the puzzles. And on one, I actually used platforming (jumping from beam to beam), but I dont remember jumping puzzles being in Portal. It worked, but I didnt try it for awhile because I thought it had to be something else.

All in all, its pretty good.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
I had to use a walkthrough for the one of the puzzles in Chapter 3, and it still took me like 5 times! All of a sudden it jumped to a new level of hard, and not in a cheap way. Its kinda hard to believe this is a mod.