port forwarding problem, software needed

pieterkruger

Sep 10, 2019
I do surveillance interfaces at super markets and im trying to capture information from Deli scales and overlay it on CCTV cameras.All scales uses the same port and the only way to identify what information is from what source is by its Ip adress. Software found on the internet only allows me to allocate one forwarding per incoming port. So im getting it right, but only one as all the software gives me a port conflict error. I need to identify by every scales Ip adress on through on the network on the same port the info , then forward it to each scales unique port (7080 - 7099 ) to my DVR server as the dvr only allows one to allocated one port to each camera.

For example : Port 50022 Ip 10.4.7.88 Data must forward to Port 7080 Ip 10.4.170.187 and Port 50022 Ip 10.4.7.89 Data must forward to Port 7081 Ip 10.4.170.187 and Port 50022 Ip 10.4.7.89 Data must forward to Port 7082 Ip 10.4.170.187,

Hope it makes sense

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Deli scale is just a scale, not a camera. How do you overlay them on to CCTV cameras? And why do you need to forward a port on scale (or camera) to a DVR server?

If you have multiple IP surveillance cameras, you should find surveillance server software that can connect to multiple IP cameras, there is no need to do port forwarding for each camera. And your IP address 10.x.x.x are all in private addresses (behind router) , there is no reason to do any port forwarding.

What IP cameras and what DVR server are you using?

I personally used Genius Vision NVR Community Edition before, it supports up to 4 cameras.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/set-up-...detector-and-send-alert-via-sms-text-message/

Last edited:

pieterkruger

Sep 10, 2019
Deli scale is just a scale, not a camera. How do you overlay them on to CCTV cameras? And why do you need to forward a port on scale (or camera) to a DVR server?

If you have multiple IP surveillance cameras, you should find surveillance server software that can connect to multiple IP cameras, there is no need to do port forwarding for each camera. And your IP address 10.x.x.x are all in private addresses (behind router) , there is no reason to do any port forwarding.

What IP cameras and what DVR server are you using?

I personally used Genius Vision NVR Community Edition before, it supports up to 4 cameras.

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/set-up-...detector-and-send-alert-via-sms-text-message/
Hi ,im using a NVR that connect all the ip cameras. The software on the system allows you to allocate and port + ip ( the scale or till ) for text overlay( what is happening on the scale/ till ) per camera. My problem is that the camera software only allows one port per camera , so i cant use the same incoming port ( the scales all transmit on port 50022 ) so i need a middle point , i do have a windows 7 system on the network that im using ,, to listen on port 50022 ip 10.4.170.88 ( first till ) and change the port and ip and then send it to the NVR and not have the same port.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Name of the NVR, IP camera & scale model you are using so I can search the info?

You have to use that NVR software and have no other choices?

Last edited:

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
OK, I think this video probably shows what you were talking about.

I think you really need a NVR software that supports multiple incoming streams ( video + text) on each window from different IP address and different ports. (one IP & port # for video camera stream and one IP & port # for deli scale text info)

Last edited:

pieterkruger

Sep 10, 2019
Name of the NVR, IP camera & scale model you are using so I can search the info?

You have to use that NVR software and have no other choices?
Hi, this NVR has been a provide by the supermarket group and we bound to use it. DS-9664NI-I8 Hikvision IP Embedded NVR. 64-Ch; 8 SATA and 2mp hikvision ip Cameras. I have all working on the till side as each till streams on a different port, it is just the scales that uses the same port and giving me a port conflict.

pieterkruger

Sep 10, 2019
OK, I think this video probably shows what you were talking about.

I think you really need a NVR software that supports multiple incoming streams ( video + text) on each window from different IP address and different ports. (one IP & port # for video camera stream and one IP & port # for deli scale text info)
The Hikvision NVR allows this
I have successfully done all the stores Tills( like the pic),because each still streams on a different port but on different ports and that is where my problem lies, the scales transmits on the same port 50022.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
OK. Take a look at GeoVision Text Sender, watch the first video.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/product/GV-POS Text Sender

See if Hikvision has anything similar or whether they have a solution for what you need.

==

What do you mean each till (cash register?) streams on different ports? yet scales transmit on same 50022 port? I never heard of mass-produced products will use different ports.

So at each location there will be 3 things? An IP camera (1st IP), a till (cash register) with 2nd IP and a scale with 3rd IP?

Last edited:

pieterkruger

Sep 10, 2019
OK. Take a look at GeoVision Text Sender, watch the first video.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/product/GV-POS Text Sender

See if Hikvision has anything similar or whether they have a solution for what you need.

==

What do you mean each till (cash register?) streams on different ports? yet scales transmit on same 50022 port? I never heard of mass-produced products will use different ports.

So at each location there will be 3 things? An IP camera (1st IP), a till (cash register) with 2nd IP and a scale with 3rd IP?
thanksfor all your help..I have used geovision software and even tried using it for this purpose with no success . Unfortunately Hikvision doesnt have such a program available, does my big search..
Yes , the back office program of the cash register sends the info on a different port. The scales doesnt have a back office and the info is broadcast directly from the scale on the network but all on the same port. My idea is to have a pc on the network with the 'right' software , capture the info and create individual ports for each by each scales unique ip address.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Found another utility: tiny port mapper

https://github.com/wangyu-/tinyPortMapper/releases
Code:
usage:
    ./this_program  -l <listen_ip>:<listen_port> -r <remote_ip>:<remote_port>  [options]

main options:
    -t                                    enable TCP forwarding/mapping
    -u                                    enable UDP forwarding/mapping

other options:
    --sock-buf            <number>        buf size for socket, >=10 and <=10240, unit: kbyte, default: 1024
    --log-level           <number>        0: never    1: fatal   2: error   3: warn
                                          4: info (default)      5: debug   6: trace
    --log-position                        enable file name, function name, line number in log
    --disable-color                       disable log color
    --enable-color                        enable log color, log color is enabled by default on most platforms
    -h,--help                             print this help message