Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
tell me your recipes.

Currently
images

and yellow fleshed potatoes

Yukon-gold-potatoes.jpg

plus vinegar...vinegar adds a whole new taste profile.

Been living off this for 6 days now.

I call them chips ...scottish in me.

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
If you buy dried beans...you can soak them overnight and you end up with a lot more volume than you started with. The only downside is the amount of time/energy it takes to cook them if you don't have a crock pot.

Meat:
If you're not sick of turkey, now's the time to buy some frozen birds and stash them in the freezer. Turkey is cheap at $.60-.99/pound and can feed you for days. Once again, it takes hours to cook a bird....but the payoff is relatively high considering low work roasting one.

Ham is more expensive, but can be a decent buy if you can find it for less than $1.50 a lb...

I saw Boston Butts for cheap as well recently because it's not summer...so if you do bbq and like to smoke meat, I saw some pork roasts for $.99/lb last week. An 8lb roast will shrink down about 10-15% when you cook it for 6-8 hours in a smoker due to fat melting and dripping...but you can eat that bbq for a few days easy with a $10 investment.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
is this thread over yet? I know you can do better. (see: ITT, I give you a name)......

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Another favourite of mine but I can't do this because i'm not single sort of.

images

can of tuna

plus
images

plus liberal doses off HP Sauce on top of it.

FCO_HP_SAUC_-00_HP-Sauce-255g.jpg

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
you are a good man. I lost a furnace install the other day because I was to honest. wtf is wrong with this world?

quoting myself sorry "you are bursting all my bubbles that the other salesmen told me" I gave her the best quote and told her exactly what was entailed on this job..."but they didn't tell me I had to punch holes in my ceiling for the new a/c lineset" so frustrating right now in my life.

they are salesmen ..I'm an actual installer for fuck sakes.

Last edited:

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011
I am from Toronto as well.

A week of breakfast - Oatmeal $2 from bulk barn
A week of dinner/lunch
-roasted chicken $7ea
-Beans from bulk barn - $1?
-Pickup a pumpkin off the street, you should still able to find them.
-a can of cream and mushroom - $.79
throw everything in to a pot and cook it up, it will let you at least 4-5 days for $10

Optional a bag of potato or rice for $2 to go with it.

Kwatt

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2000
If you buy dried beans...you can soak them overnight and you end up with a lot more volume than you started with. The only downside is the amount of time/energy it takes to cook them if you don't have a crock pot.

Meat:
If you're not sick of turkey, now's the time to buy some frozen birds and stash them in the freezer. Turkey is cheap at $.60-.99/pound and can feed you for days. Once again, it takes hours to cook a bird....but the payoff is relatively high considering low work roasting one.

Lazy #@&&ard Way:
Beans:
Soak beans overnight. Rinse and drain in the morning. Put beans in pot, cover with 1" water. Bring to rolling boil. Remove from heat, place pot in cooler cover/wrap pot with blankets or towels, close cooler. Go to work. Get home eat. I add onions and any leftover turkey, ham , chicken, or beef before the boil.

Turkey:
Using a covered roaster with a rack. Before going to bed. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. While oven is warming season turkey to taste. I use only black pepper. Rub turkey with 1/4 stick melted or softened butter. Pour 8-12 ounces water in roaster. Place turkey in pan. Cover and place pan in preheated oven. Bake at 500 for 1 hour.
DO NOT OPEN OVEN. Turn oven off and go to sleep (6-8 hours). Wake to fully cooked turkey. Lift out and place on cookie sheet if you want it browned.

At no time open oven until 6 hours after turning oven off.

I don't brown it or season it because I use it for sandwiches and turkey salad and maybe soup.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
none of you fuckers has not eaten spaghetti with mustard before because you didn't have ketchup?

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
i guess so. People getting offended again?

More like, there's actual relevant shit to discuss that's not some bullshit idiot thread that you start, for the 5th time today.

All you talk about is how terrible and shitty your life is, how poor you are, blahblahblah. The song and dance is getting old my friend.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
More like, there's actual relevant shit to discuss that's not some bullshit idiot thread that you start, for the 5th time today.

All you talk about is how terrible and shitty your life is, how poor you are, blahblahblah. The song and dance is getting old my friend.

guess what Ziggy..yeah i know its boring and fuck. Sorry but thats how thread.

z1ggy

Lifer
May 17, 2008
guess what Ziggy..yeah i know its boring and fuck. Sorry but thats how thread.

Shit like this belongs in the Neff thread, as it holds no real value. There's no news, no meaningful questions, no advice being asked for. Even if you are, the way you word and present these threads, is just god damn ridiculous. The threads bump down actual threads with substance in them, and wastes everybody's time. The only reason to even post in one of your shit threads is to bump one's post count.

Off Topic is off topic. Nobody made you a mod. This post of yours is tantamount to threadcrapping. Don't like Mayne's subject? Stay out of the thread.

Perknose
Forum Director

cbrunny

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2007
There's no real value in any of the topics in the Off Topic sub-forum. That is why it exists.