POLL:Would you get laser hair removal for your facial hair?

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
Since I know a lot of men out there hate shaving, if given the chance to have it removed via laser, AT NO COST TO YOU, would you go through with the process? Or do you think it would make you look too much like a woman :p

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Dumb question, or maybe a good question because guys probably shouldn't already know this: Is laser hair removal "permanent"? Like, will retard hair growth for 6 months plus?

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
I want a laser razor! Yeah, that's the ticket. Just drag it over your face like regular razer but with a LASER! No more bleeding nicks & cuts because the razor would cauterize them as you shave your face! Yeah, that's the ticket.

;)

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
if it meant i would never have to shave again, then hell yes. i hate shaving, and i hate having a beard or any kind of facial hair.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Probably not. I hate shaving, but I look best with a slight shadow. Wouldn't like having a baby smooth face all the time (though maybe it's less about what I like in this case :p). Plus, according to Hollywood, we'll have fvckin laser guided razors and sh1t in the future. :horns; Woooo!

Mrfrog840

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Feldenak
I want a laser razor! Yeah, that's the ticket. Just drag it over your face like regular razer but with a LASER! No more bleeding nicks & cuts because the razor would cauterize them as you shave your face! Yeah, that's the ticket.

;)

All men can only PRAY FOR THIS DAY!!!!

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Meh, I keep a very short goa te (however you spell it) and shaving the rest isn't that big a deal.

archiloco

Golden Member
Dec 10, 2004
Never!!!!!! i like my out of control facial hair followed by clean look for a while rinse repeat!

ArchCenturion

Aug 6, 2006
Originally posted by: archiloco
Never!!!!!! i like my out of control facial hair followed by clean look for a while rinse repeat!

Ditto on that. Sometimes you just feel like lookin grizzly and dirty.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
The more I think about it the more I think that it would make me feel less like a man. Ass hair, however, would be gone in a second!

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Laser hair removal on the face is for preop transexuals and women. Preslove makes a good point about the ass hair, though. That and back hair can go, no question.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
No.
Why would I want to remove my magnificent beard?
I have no desire to look like a girly man.

iwantanewcomputer

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2004
Without a doubt...i have thick hair that is hard to shave, even at the end of a steamy shower, and really sensitive skin. I have razorburn and get irritated bumps on my chin every time i shave

JJ Thomas

Feb 18, 2021
Hey everyone,
I had laser hair removal done on my face about 6 years ago and want to advise all of you to NEVER do that. I did it because I had decent results with the rest of my body.
After the first time it came out very patchy. I tried to get it fixed so I went back and guess what? It became even more patchy. As brainless as this sounds, I kept going back to get it fixed and it kept getting worse and worse. People were asking me why I look so sickly. I was so embarrassed I couldn’t tell anyone what was happening. I think I must have done it 10 times. It’s excruciatingly painful on the face. I was becoming more and more self-conscience and it was affecting my social life, work life and my self-esteem. I had to shave everyday because the more it grew the weirder it looked.
Finally, when I went to the third laser place I finally met someone honest. She said that unlike other areas like your arms or chest your face has hormones that make the hair grow back no matter how many times you laser it. So I stopped.
6 years later a lot of the hair grew back. It’s still patchy but not nearly as bad as it was. It looks like it’s still growing in. People don’t do double takes when they see me like they used to so I guess that’s an improvement.
Be careful when you go to a laser place and they try to sell you on the face! There are some really unscrupulous people in this industry and I don’t think it’s regulated enough. Nobody tells you the risks involved.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Maybe. I can't ever see neck beard being a popular facial hair item and it's super annoying to shave around the neck area.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Maybe. I can't ever see neck beard being a popular facial hair item and it's super annoying to shave around the neck area.

Isn't "Neck-beard" more of a "life-philosophy" choice then a hairstyle?

;)

(also I just noticed ... didn't this necro-thread used to have a poll?)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Hey everyone,
I had laser hair removal done on my face about 6 years ago and want to advise all of you to NEVER do that. I did it because I had decent results with the rest of my body.
After the first time it came out very patchy. I tried to get it fixed so I went back and guess what? It became even more patchy. As brainless as this sounds, I kept going back to get it fixed and it kept getting worse and worse. People were asking me why I look so sickly. I was so embarrassed I couldn’t tell anyone what was happening. I think I must have done it 10 times. It’s excruciatingly painful on the face. I was becoming more and more self-conscience and it was affecting my social life, work life and my self-esteem. I had to shave everyday because the more it grew the weirder it looked.
Finally, when I went to the third laser place I finally met someone honest. She said that unlike other areas like your arms or chest your face has hormones that make the hair grow back no matter how many times you laser it. So I stopped.
6 years later a lot of the hair grew back. It’s still patchy but not nearly as bad as it was. It looks like it’s still growing in. People don’t do double takes when they see me like they used to so I guess that’s an improvement.
Be careful when you go to a laser place and they try to sell you on the face! There are some really unscrupulous people in this industry and I don’t think it’s regulated enough. Nobody tells you the risks involved.
It's not that painful, ya baby. Why did you look "sickly"?