Poll: Who'd Win? Astronaut VS. Caveman

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Caveman

Astronauts are just nerdy scientist with weaker bones due to space travel.

sharkeeper

Lifer
Jan 13, 2001

Not all astronauts spend that kind of time in near microgravity conditions. Most spend it training on the ground and are in excellent physical shape. Also, have you even seen a caveman run?

Cheers!

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
that's what i thought, astronauts would be able to outwit a caveman somehow

JoeKing

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: shuttleteam

Not all astronauts spend that kind of time in near microgravity conditions. Most spend it training on the ground and are in excellent physical shape. Also, have you even seen a caveman run?

Cheers!

well the astronaut in my scenerio is that chick that stayed in MIR for a few months bonking the Ruskies :Q

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Astronaut. Don't they usually have extensive military backgrounds? That would mean they've had some combat & survival training.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Joeyman
Originally posted by: shuttleteam

Cheers!

well the astronaut in my scenerio is that chick that stayed in MIR for a few months bonking the Ruskies :Q

What are you talking about? Sex in space is forbidden

dfi

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
A caveman has no shame or sense of honor (I'm assuming). That means he'll fight really really dirty. Can you say "gnawed testicles"?

dfi

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
remember the average height of a caveman back then was like 4 1/2 feet, versus a 6ft astronaut?

astronaughts have to be extremely fit to go into space, they have to be able to withstand 11G's, and all that weird under water centrifuge stuff

Dufman

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2002
this might be the most pointless poll ever.

i would go with caveman. they had to club their women. and their women were tough from the looks of them

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Astronaut: extensive survival training, big brain, probably could fashion a spiked pit of some sort.

Why do you guys thing we wiped neanderthals off the face of the earth? We weren't as strong, but we could outwit them

Big brains win 90% of the time and as the length of time extends, the advantage is greater (i.e. if the astronaut could get safely away for a few months he could build a forge and MAKE weapons.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Legendary
Aren't a lot of astronauts Marines/Air Force people?

Almost all air force IIRC (at least the early ones were, I don't know now).

AvesPKS

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Originally posted by: So
Astronaut: extensive survival training, big brain, probably could fashion a spiked pit of some sort.

Why do you guys thing we wiped neanderthals off the face of the earth? We weren't as strong, but we could outwit them

Big brains win 90% of the time and as the length of time extends, the advantage is greater (i.e. if the astronaut could get safely away for a few months he could build a forge and MAKE weapons.

Wait...so your contention that the astronaut win dependent on the astronaut being able to MAKE A FORGE? What? :beer::wine::beer::confused: