• Barack Obama

• Mitt Romney

• Voting for another person.

• Not voting at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Just a simple question - I plan to post the same question in Off Topic. It'd be nice to see the differences in political beliefs between the two subforums.
It's a private poll so choose with no regrets. :)

Keep it simple. No comments are necessary.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
third party/throw-away vote at this point.

I don't really agree with (m)any of the GOP policies, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to pull the lever for a guy who thinks it's perfectly OK to assassinate American citizens.

but I live in a solidly blue state, so it's not as if it matters... I haven't even seen a single campaign ad this election cycle, that's how little anyone cares about NJ/NYC.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005

I don't really agree with (m)any of the GOP policies, but at the same time, I can't bring myself to pull the lever for a guy who thinks it's perfectly OK to assassinate American citizens.

but I live in a solidly blue state, so it's not as if it matters... I haven't even seen a single campaign ad this election cycle, that's how little anyone cares about NJ/NYC.

I laugh at your misfortune! You do not know the joy of living in a swing state during a tight election year.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Since I live in California and my presidential vote doesn't matter at all I'm going to vote for either Gary Johnson (Libertarian) or Jill Stein (Green Party).
I've voted Libertarian in some previous elections, I've never voted Green Party before.

T_Yamamoto

Lifer
Jul 6, 2011
Since I live in California and my presidential vote doesn't matter at all I'm going to vote for either Gary Johnson (Libertarian) or Jill Stein (Green Party).
I've voted Libertarian in some previous elections, I've never voted Green Party before.

Vote green for legalization of Mary Jane

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Me too. I don't care how many Romney kills with a coat hanger even though it will be thousands more.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
At this point, the P&N poll has Obama up on Romney almost 2 to 1. As the poll progresses
I expect the same trend ratio will remain.

But despite the fact that P&N posters tend to be better informed that the "average" US voter, this P&N poll has little predictive value in my opinion.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Me too. I don't care how many Romney kills with a coat hanger even though it will be thousands more.

tumblr_m6lshxKx4y1r35hwyo1_500.gif
?

Conscript

Golden Member
Mar 19, 2001
At this point, the P&N poll has Obama up on Romney almost 2 to 1. As the poll progresses

But despite the fact that P&N posters tend to be better informed that the "average" US voter, this P&N poll has little predictive value in my opinion.

Better informed, or just similar demographic? Most 20 something college students or recent grads with little to no real world experience...I don't think anyone should be shocked. Thankfully also a demographic that doesn't have the iniative to vote.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Better informed, or just similar demographic? Most 20 something college students or recent grads with little to no real world experience...I don't think anyone should be shocked. Thankfully also a demographic that doesn't have the iniative to vote.

I couldn't say what factor dominates, but it sure as heck makes no difference in the real world. I'm longing for the day where we're so well informed as a whole that we realize we're being poorly served and do something about it.

Not holding my breath.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Don't like either candidate, but a vote for a third party is a wasted vote at this point in time, so I have to vote for Mitt.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Well there goes the notion that P&N is balanced or not going to favor Dems.

Granted, the rest of us make up the majority - but it's split 3 ways. Between Rep kool-aid drinkers, the unsung heroes who 'throw away' their vote, and the cowards who don't vote at all.

Not sure who I respect more, the delusional or the disillusioned. Makes a difference that they at least vote...

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Well there goes the notion that P&N is balanced or not going to favor Dems.

Nobody that I'm aware of has claimed that there aren't more Dems here. If that is what you mean by "balanced" then good job slaying that straw man. The world is a safer place now. However, since you also used the word "favor," I infer that what you really mean is this forum is biased. Good thing for you that Democrats are the party of the rational, so we can use it to keep ourselves from oppressing you too much.

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
Considered voting over the weekend but had to work from home so couldn't get to the polling location. Was going to vote Ron Paul or Gary Johnson since obama and romney are both tools.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
If people think we need more conservatives on the supreme court after they gave us superPAC's you need your heads examined.