Poll: Who are you voting for?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: fluxcapacitorMB
I respect your opinion, but disagree. Obama, I think, will be the greatest post WWII President we've ever had. I'm sure that will start the flaming but that's honestly how I feel.

Cherry or Tropical?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
reluctantly voting Obama, but my vote for president doesn't really matter anyways... NJ will go to whoever the mafia wants it to, which is Obama ;)

I'll probably be voting straight R in local/congressional election, which probably *does* matter since I live in one of the few remaining republican areas of Jersey.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: loki8481

reluctantly voting Obama, but my vote for president doesn't really matter anyways... NJ will go to whoever the mafia wants it to, which is Obama ;)

ZOMFGLOLWTFBBQ!!! I agree with the mafia.! Who knew? :shocked:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
I am writing in Bill Cosby.

Other than the presidentical I am only voting local . I won't Vote for any DeM or REP canadates.

There won't be a 2012 election.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Hugh H
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
neither of those, poll needs additional options.

No it doesn't

Either you are voting for the same Republican agenda

or

doing the only thing we can do once in four years and vote for the other club.

If you choose either of those then you are arguing for a continuation of the exact same thing we've had in this country for 40+ years. Until people start actually exercising their democracy it will continue to atrophy, and leave us at the mercy of those who control us.

Neither of those candidates are worth a damn, both of those parties are abusive farces and a danger to our nation...therefore, the poll requires additional options.

As further proof, I got my ballot today. There are eight listed candidates for president, not 2. Moreover, there's this nifty little line below that where you can write in someone who might actually be a good president for a change...something we haven't seen in a FREAKY long time.

Good luck getting "that other guy/gal" elected. Reality is, there are 2 viable options... I will vote for the one of those two that best represent my view of where this nation needs to go.

Ya, I know what ya mean . But there isn't anyone running thats said anything meaning full. I will wright in neither of these guys can fix what . I will just set back and cry as Obama Brings us this New Change he flaps his jaw about.

I mean Shit The Dems control both houses and its gone down hill big time since they got control. I mean the country is in ruin now. With A Dem . President . The Future looks Bleak. Their Won't be a 2012 With Dems running the show.

My vote Bill Cosby . Wasted vote but he is best guy for the job out of the 2 choices we have.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Originally posted by: Hugh H
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
neither of those, poll needs additional options.

No it doesn't

Either you are voting for the same Republican agenda

or

doing the only thing we can do once in four years and vote for the other club.

If you choose either of those then you are arguing for a continuation of the exact same thing we've had in this country for 40+ years. Until people start actually exercising their democracy it will continue to atrophy, and leave us at the mercy of those who control us.

Neither of those candidates are worth a damn, both of those parties are abusive farces and a danger to our nation...therefore, the poll requires additional options.

As further proof, I got my ballot today. There are eight listed candidates for president, not 2. Moreover, there's this nifty little line below that where you can write in someone who might actually be a good president for a change...something we haven't seen in a FREAKY long time.

Good luck getting "that other guy/gal" elected. Reality is, there are 2 viable options... I will vote for the one of those two that best represent my view of where this nation needs to go.

Ya, I know what ya mean . But there isn't anyone running thats said anything meaning full. I will wright in neither of these guys can fix what . I will just set back and cry as Obama Brings us this New Change he flaps his jaw about.

I mean Shit The Dems control both houses and its gone down hill big time since they got control. I mean the country is in ruin now. With A Dem . President . The Future looks Bleak. Their Won't be a 2012 With Dems running the show.

My vote Bill Cosby . Wasted vote but he is best guy for the job out of the 2 choices we have.

Aside from the fact that a lot of the problems we've been facing have been brewing much longer than two years, I'm a bit curious as to how you think the dems during these past two years have caused all these problems. Sure, they DO control the house, but despite having a majority in the senate, anything the party wants to do over there has to be put through the Republican filter of the filibuster, and then the veto pen. They may have a technical control, but it has been neutered for lack of a better term.

What Americans are beginning to realize is that they want a president who realizes that "the buck stops here" isn't just a slogan. A president must take responsibility for the policies that he (either personally or through his party) tries to push and for the those bills he signs into law. He may not start that last process, but the buck ultimately DOES stop there as he gets final say. Unfortunately, neither candidate is willing to take up that kind of responsibility as a true statesman.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: fluxcapacitorMB
Just what the title says peoples, who is your final choice?

Mr Obama.

My vote is against Mr Bush's policies and the influence of the Religious Right.

I know Mr Bush is not running in this election but Mr McCain is about as close as you can get to Mr Bush right now.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Originally I was going to write in Colin Powell however the addition of Sarah Palin to the republican ticket made me rethink that decision.

+1 John McCain and I've already voted for him via absentee ballot. I did vote for one dem in a local election post otherwise I opted for the rep candidates.

Back in 06 I voted for the dems to restore some sense of balance to counter a rep controlled congress because they went too far to the right. A dem administration, especially seeing how liberal Obama is and a dem controlled congress will swing wildly to the left and we'll end up in a similar situation again.

History reminds us that dem policies in the past are what sent this country spiralling into the great depression. We're already teetering on the edge now and don't need to be shoved to that end.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: Puffnstuff
Originally I was going to write in Colin Powell however the addition of Sarah Palin to the republican ticket made me rethink that decision.

+1 John McCain and I've already voted for him via absentee ballot. I did vote for one dem in a local election post otherwise I opted for the rep candidates.

Back in 06 I voted for the dems to restore some sense of balance to counter a rep controlled congress because they went too far to the right. A dem administration, especially seeing how liberal Obama is and a dem controlled congress will swing wildly to the left and we'll end up in a similar situation again.

History reminds us that dem policies in the past are what sent this country spiralling into the great depression. We're already teetering on the edge now and don't need to be shoved to that end.

Actually the democratic plan is expansionary, the opposite of what put us into the great depression, but then so is McCain's.

I honestly don't see much daylight between the two, except for the dis-satisfaction with bush factor and Obama being honest about who's paying for tax cuts and government expansion.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Heres what I want,

It's a none related video. But at the beginning. Theres a part where ONE of AMERICAS greatest statemen . Says something . I want you to listen to this Great American Words. Never has these words been more important than now.

After you hear his words . Simply leave the video. The Video subject is not part of this post. Do not reply to the Video subject. Words to listen to beginn @ 1:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDlqR1jnKA

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Heres what I want,

It's a none related video. But at the beginning. Theres a part where ONE of AMERICAS greatest statemen . Says something . I want you to listen to this Great American Words. Never has these words been more important than now.

After you hear his words . Simply leave the video. The Video subject is not part of this post. Do not reply to the Video subject. Words to listen to beginn @ 1:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIDlqR1jnKA

"we must hang together gentlemen, else we will most assuredly hang separately"-Franklin