POLL: Which project should I submit to a school contest? *LINKS FIXED*

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: freedomsbeat212
Originally posted by: DannyBoy
erm, i just watched the first one, i don't think i wanna watch the rest, thanks.

Why, just curious? The rest are very different in tone..

Ok, first one, dude stabs the helpless chick on the sofa, it's fcuked up..

Second one, what the? I don't get it...

Third one, guy gets strangled on bench then is misteriously alive...?

Are they supposed to actually have a meaning to anything?

Mar 15, 2003
erm, i just watched the first one, i don't think i wanna watch the rest, thanks.

First one - assignment was to make a horror movie.. this was inspired by the lacey peterson (paterson?) story

second one- guy steals briefcase and tries to run away from the city with his gf, someone wants it back

Third one - the woman dreams about picking up the dude and killing him.... She's upset that he's gone but he comes back to her, convinced that they're going to hook up..

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me

First one - assignment was to make a horror movie.. this was inspired by the lacey peterson (paterson?) story

second one- guy steals briefcase and tries to run away from the city with his gf, someone wants it back

Third one - the woman dreams about picking up the dude and killing him.... She's upset that he's gone but he comes back to her, convinced that they're going to hook up..

Go with the first one, it has "inspiration"...

You might wanna put a disclaimer on it though before showing it to your class mates...

Something along the lines of, "This short movie contains scence's of a fcuked up explicit nature"?

bootymac

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2001
I always enjoy watching your films freedomsbeat :)

I'll have to admit that the Jamie one has always creeped me out everytime I watched it.
Tracks seems to drag on in my opinion.
Meet Cute is pretty good for a short flick

I just love short black and white movies with cool songs :)

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: bootymac
I always enjoy watching your films freedomsbeat :)

I'll have to admit that the Jamie one has always creeped me out everytime I watched it.
Tracks seems to drag on in my opinion.
Meet Cute is pretty good for a short flick

I just love short black and white movies with cool songs :)

Thanks man, I really appreciate your thoughts. :)

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
My school is having a short silent film contest and I was wondering which project I should submit. Here are the three that I'm considering:

Jamie
Tracks
Meet Cute

Tracks- The guy overacts bigtime on the anxiousness. It isn't clear what is happening until the end and then it is a bit vague. Also goes really dark at one point and hard to see. How does the blond know to follow the other chick?

Jamie- it is what it is, I'll leave it at that.

Meet Cute- Eh... it's definitely short :). I can see the point of it, but its not super.

I would probably vote Jamie.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: dxkj
My school is having a short silent film contest and I was wondering which project I should submit. Here are the three that I'm considering:

Jamie
Tracks
Meet Cute

Tracks- The guy overacts bigtime on the anxiousness. It isn't clear what is happening until the end and then it is a bit vague. Also goes really dark at one point and hard to see. How does the blond know to follow the other chick?

Meet Cute- Eh... it's definitely short :). I can see the point of it, but its not super.

Mar 15, 2003

Jamie
Tracks
Meet Cute

Well, I like being a little vague with my plotting and prefer to jump right into a plot (especially since it's silent).. I see your points though...

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001

Jamie
Tracks
Meet Cute

Well, I like being a little vague with my plotting and prefer to jump right into a plot (especially since it's silent).. I see your points though...

Yeah, Im not the best at that type of thing :). I just know what I like, and I know what irks me. (the guy overacting that he was nervous/anxious really irked me:)