POLL: When do you think Hillary Clinton will be president?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
This is most likely pure spin, but it's interesting spin.

'Clintons Want Bush Re-elected'

The decision by Bill and Hillary Clinton to keep a high profile going into next year's presidential campaign amounts to a "conscious effort" by the former first couple to make sure that no Democrat wins the White House in 2004.

That's the stunning assessment from political strategist Dick Morris, who said Thursday that the Clintons actually want to see Bush re-elected so he can retire just when Mrs. Clinton is ready to run for the White House herself in 2008.

"There is a conscious effort going on by the Clintons to distract attention from the current field of candidates," Morris told nationally syndicated radio host Sean Hannity. "They do not want a Democrat to win in '04."

"They want Bush to be re-elected," the former Clinton adviser explained. "And that way they want Hillary to be able to run for an open seat."

"If Bush lost and a Democrat were elected, then obviously [Hillary] would have to support him in '08," he noted.

"She couldn't run until 2012. She'd be 65 years old and would have been out of office for 12 years. It's kind of hard at that point to keep the bloom on the rose and be able to run."

Morris said that Bill Clinton wants to maintain his role as spokesman for the Democratic Party so he can "trivialize and minimize the Democratic candidates" and thereby keep the Oval Office open for Hillary.

Another indication that the former first couple would like to see their own party defeated in the next presidential election, said Morris, is the fact that "[Clinton's] big fund-raising guns have not signed up with any of these other guys."

Democratic strategist Susan Estrich offered partial support for Morris' theory last week, complaining that the Clintons were actually hurting other Democratic presidential candidates with their high-profile antics.

"The Clintons suck up every bit of the available air," the one-time Dukakis campaign manager observed. "Nothing is left for anyone else. They are big, too big. That's the problem."

"The 2004 candidates need a chance to get some attention," she added. "Could somebody please tell [the Clintons] to shut up?"
"

What is the possibility that the Clintons would rather have Pres. Bush win another term so that Hillary would have a better chance in 08 than work for the democratic party if that would mean she wouldn't have a chance at the White House.

I think it's quite possible that they would do it.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ScottyB
Originally posted by: shinerburke
She'll be President when Satan is serving snow cones.

So when is Bush's snow cone party?

Same day that ScottyB admits that he has been misguided and misled, that the Republican party is where it is at and the ;eft wings are no more than sniveling crybaby commies

randym431

Golden Member
Jun 4, 2003
Hillary will run, and win in 2008. How? Why? Cause by then most you posting and reading wont be able to afford your ISP bill, your property taxes or food! Here's a little surprise "to come" for you all from the Bush's. After he's re elected in 2004, he will propose dis-allowing the federal deduction of home mortgage interest on your taxes, claiming its either that, or raise the tax rate. You heard it first here! (but probably not surprised) Print this out, put it in an envelope labeled "open June 2004", and save it.
(and you thought Hillary doesnt have a chance)

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I don't care which democrat wins in 2004 as long as our current Nazi fuhrer gets the fvck out.
rolleye.gif

Ve have vays of making you talk!

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sep
When do you think Hillary Clinton will be president? Please explain your answer.

Right after Bush is impeached for lying about national security in order to invade Iraq.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: randym431
Hillary will run, and win in 2008. How? Why? Cause by then most you posting and reading wont be able to afford your ISP bill, your property taxes or food! Here's a little surprise "to come" for you all from the Bush's. After he's re elected in 2004, he will propose dis-allowing the federal deduction of home mortgage interest on your taxes, claiming its either that, or raise the tax rate. You heard it first here! (but probably not surprised) Print this out, put it in an envelope labeled "open June 2004", and save it.

I hope they all remember this if they're stupid enough to elect this nazi bastard and his accomplises in 2004 (I wont say elect this nazi bastard again in 2004 since he was never elected the first time).

Nice way to start the new millenium - nazis steal a US election. And I thought we won WWII. :disgust:

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: sep
When do you think Hillary Clinton will be president? Please explain your answer.

Right after Bush is impeached for lying about national security in order to invade Iraq.

I think I now understand Clinton's recent notion of a multi two term Presidency. Hillary and he will run, he as VP and then she - assumes elected - will abdicate leaving ole Billy to run the show. By then he will get the multi term thing past the states and run on his own for another 8... gotta love it.

sep

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: randym431

I hope they all remember this if they're stupid enough to elect this nazi bastard and his accomplises in 2004 (I wont say elect this nazi bastard again in 2004 since he was never elected the first time).

Nice way to start the new millenium - nazis steal a US election. And I thought we won WWII. :disgust:

Haha!

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
I don't care which democrat wins in 2004 as long as our current Nazi fuhrer gets the fvck out.

If Bush were such a Nazi, wouldn't you be sucking gas right now? When he systematically starts rounding up the left and heartlessly murdering them, I'll have your back. Get a hold of your hate.

Hillary won't be president, the left should find a better woman if they want to be the first to get one in office. I think a woman will be elected in sometime in the next 20-30 years, but it won't be Hillary. Go Chelsea 2036!

Jul 1, 2000
There is no chance in hell of HRC being elected president. Poll numbers consistently show that her positives are outweighed by her negatives.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Nice way to start the new millenium - nazis steal a US election. And I thought we won WWII.
-------------
I think I now understand Clinton's recent notion of a multi two term Presidency. Hillary and he will run, he as VP and then she - assumes elected - will abdicate leaving ole Billy to run the show. By then he will get the multi term thing past the states and run on his own for another 8... gotta love it.
---------------------

HJ, you and BOBDN are really bad people. Thanks for the help.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
all of Bills scandals were over sex, all the ones dealing with money, were Billiary's....

The demographics will shift soon enough to where a white male will be a minority, as far as when will she run, probably 2008, but she should just go for it now, the dems have nobody anyway. Besides, think of how much fun we could have here for 4 years if she won....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: burnedout
"When Donkeys Fly"

Hee, flap, Haw, flap, Hee, flap, Haw, flap..

Look! Up in the sky... it's a bird... no.. it's a plane.... no.... it's Bush on one of those WMD gas baloons.

Ilmater

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: Ilmater

BTW, I swear to God if that incompetant hag was running this country I'd shoot her. The only qualities she posesses are those that I most hate about politicians. As far as any policy-making, her attempts at healthcare and education reforms were so dismal that even her most loyal followers weren't backing them. She's no good at designing policies that work, she'll say absolutely anything to get elected, and all she cares about are power and money. She is quite possibly the most horrible woman on the face of the Earth.

Tell us how you really feel? :disgust:
rolleye.gif

So you would advocate the assasination of your own country's fairly elected President because of how you feel about her? Interesting thought process you have there sparky..

rolleye.gif
I won't outright say killing is OK, but she would be #1 on my list (assuming Puff Daddy isn't her running mate) if she was Pres. When somebody gives me one reason as to why she's qualified, I'll back down. She has not - in 8 years as the First Lady of Arkansas; in 8 years as First Lady of the United States; in 2 1/2 years as a US Senator - done a single, worthwhile thing in any of those positions. She's not qualified to be a Senator, and she surely isn't qualified to be my President. If she wins, it would be purely because of her ability to mask her complete lack of ability with gobs of money.

I'm not naive; I know that every major politician wins elections with money. However, I don't personally know of a politician that is as inept at doing their job and at the same time so corrupt as Hillary (and my father's a politician, so I know plenty). Heck, at least Traficant worked hard for his constituents. Ask the people of Ohio if they care whether or not he was embezzling money or making his interns work on his farm. A majority of them don't. Why? Because at least he listened to the people that elected him and worked hard for them. Hillary, in stark contrast, has absolutely zero redeeming qualities.

So, regardless of how much of the country is tired of Republicans being in office or fooled by her money and advertising, I would never believe she deserved her office.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Ilmater,

So, regardless of how much of the country is tired of Republicans being in office or fooled by her money and advertising, I would never believe she deserved her office.

All them NYers who voted her into the Senate seem to disagree with you. I wonder why?

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: shinerburke
She'll be President when Satan is serving snow cones.

So when is Bush's snow cone party?

Same day that ScottyB admits that he has been misguided and misled, that the Republican party is where it is at and the ;eft wings are no more than sniveling crybaby commies

haha. :p j00=0wn3d.

Such hate from you scotty. boo hoo. :(

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Poll results in.

nice. CBS does such stand-up polls. I had trouble finding many hard numbers in that story though. Lots of "Many people" and "More people" crap which if this was a real poll, could have been backed up with a number or two.

Anyhow, I'll ask Bush if he gives a Rat's Ass that you think he's a Nazi when I see him Thursday!

And BOBDN.... Do you need to borrow my thesaurus? As you may recall from my sig (you never responded BTW...) you use the word nazi an awful lot. ;)