POLL: whats your driving style?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
if i'm leading or alone, i try to keep it around 9-10 over. if i've got someone to follow at a resonable distance and my car is all warmed up and everything, then i'll keep up with them to around 25 over. anything beyond that and i'm exceeding the comfort zone for my car. if there's relatively heavy traffic, i try to stay in the middle or front of the pack (radar will come from behind, so let the cop catch up to someone else first). if there's little traffic, i try to stay in the back of the pack (radar will come from the shoulder, so let the cop nail the guy ahead of me)

Asharus

Oct 6, 2001
It takes me 45 mins to get to work doing 80-85MPH, and 1 hour and 5 minutes during rush hour.

About 10% of the 40 mile one-way trip are local roads.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I always drive 10 over on most roads (the ones with speed limits between 30 and 50) , unless I am on the expressway, then I drive between 10 and 40 over. I NEVER tailgate, and I also do not constantly change lanes to weave in and out of traffic. (If there is dense traffic, I just go the speed of traffic in the left or middle lane)

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
I speed when I "know" I can get away from it and ONLY WHEN SAFE.

Most cops will understand this, too. Last year after spring break my gf and I were driving north on I-87 from Albany International Airport at 1 or 2 am. Anyone who has driven it knows that the northway is DEAD much after 9 even. There happened to be an officer going the other wa, tagged me with is gun for giggles, and caught up to me and pulled me over for 97 in a 65. Didn't get a ticket though because I was honest with him about speeding, and I also could intelligently tell him why I was speeding, and why it was safe for me to do so (clear warm conditions, no other cars, not in deer country yet, etc). Cop said try and keep it down to 80-85 just in case there were other officers out, but to continue on my safe night.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
My cruising speed is almost always 7-10mph over the posted limit. Highways its almost always +10-15. Only place I don't speed is school zones (or I try not to).

johnjbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2001
i speed all the time. impossible not to when you hit the gas and the car throws you back in the seat.
man i love that feeling. its addicting.
i have become a speed addict. :(